first day

Michael's POV

I'm driving Janet for her first day at her new high school and the whole time she's sat looking nervous as hell "Just relax. You'll be fine" I smile slightly. "That's easy for you to say. Your not the one having to start a new school today" she mumbles, staring at Mikey. "Do you think it's too soon for me to be leaving him all alone. He's only 3 weeks old. What if something happened while I'm gone?"

"Is that what your worried about? He'll be fine, promise" I reasure her and she doesn't say anything. "If you want. I can come pick you up on your lunch break so you can spend time with him for awhile then drive you back. It's around the time I take mine"

"You wouldn't mind?"

"Of course not. and you can call Ocean anytime to check in" I smile and this time she smiles back, but only slightly.

"We're here" I smile parking the car outside the school and Janet looks out the window at everybody going into the building. "You'll be ok" I reasure her and she sighs heavily and nods.

After giving Mikey a million kisses and cuddles, Janet finally gets out of the car and heads inside. Normally Ocean takes Mikey and Princess with her when she takes DJ and Veah to daycare, but we figured it'll be better if I was to drive Janet to school today and take Mikey with us since this will be the first time Janet being away from him for a whole day.

I've been trying to reasure her all moring that everythings gonna be ok, but I understand why she's so nervous. It's scary enough starting a new school, but Janet's also gonna be worrying about Mikey all day too. I know Mikey's gonna be ok with Ocean and I'm really hoping Janet day goes well too.

****
Tony's POV

"What is that smell? It smells like dead people" Timmy scrunches his face as we walk onto our hotel room. "It's fine. I'll just open the window" I say walking across the room to the window. "You know you didn't have to come all the way out here. I would have been fine on my own and.."

"Hell no! I'm not leaving you to deal with that phycho alone" I frown. "He's already beat you up once and I'm not gonna give him the chance to get his hands on you again"

"Like you'd be any help if he did. How many times had he kicked your ass" he mutters under his breath. "I'm trying to help you see your son. A little gratude would be nice!" I snap and he doesn't say anything for a moment then sighs heavily.

"This is a bad idea. I shouldn't have even bothered coming back"

"What are you talking about? Your here to see your son. You have every right to be here"

"Try telling Janet that. She clearly doesn't want me around and Michael will probably flip out at me again if we turn up at his house. You saw how mad he was when we went to their parent... we should just leave" he mumbles that last part. "We're not going anywhere. It doesn't matter how Janet feels about you or anybody else. Your here for your son and that's it"

"But..."

"But nothing Timmy" I frown cutting him off. "I'm not gonna let you do this again" I say sternly and he doesn't say anything and starts unpacking

I understand why Timmy is so scared about seeing Michael again and even though I've told Timmy it'll be fine, I'm actually scared of seeing Michael again myself. Everybody always talks about how Michael has changed from what he was like in our school days and he's this really nice family man, but they don't know him the way I do. He may be the nicest guy to most people, but they didn't spend years of their childhood and all of high school being beaten up and bullied by him.