Chapter 3: Pack people

Start from the beginning

"I think I'm fine just as a normal wolf" I tell Amora.

"Honey, you are not a normal wolf. Your aura beams of power and authority." Candis tell me

"What?" I was so confused.

"I don't know, it's like how you feel when you are standing next to an Alpha" Jerome explains. "Are you from a family of Alphas?"

"No, Betas" I correct.

"Maybe that's the reason"

Amora yelled at us to get back to training. My wolf was very weak from yesterday and my body was not at top level but I still was able to keep up.  Marcus walked by us to see our progress. He gave us an acknowledging nod and walked to the next group.

Training was finally over and the four of us walked back to the apartment complex. Candis lived close by there. I entered my apartment to find Wes still sleeping. I wish I could sleep that long. He was very tired.

I decided to wake him up. Today was Friday and we needed to go shopping. Jerome came by and hands me a bank card.

"It has $6,000 on it. It's for you to get all the necessities" he explained.

"Please take us shopping" I beg.

"Bish hell yes! Finally someone that wants my fashion advice" he cheered.

I grabbed Wes's hand and we followed Jerome to his car. We stopped by a drive thru on our way. I forgot about food. I was starving!

We entered a kids store and Wes chose all the cool stuff like Nike outfits. He wanted nothing but Nike stuff.

"Wes you better put those Jordan's down! Who buys 5 pairs of Jordan's!" I exclaimed at the little boy with an arm full of shoes.

He has been through a lot so I decided to get them for him. I got him 10 pairs of shorts/pants, 10 pairs of shirts/ sweaters and the 5 Jordan's. It was $850 in total.

We walk to a clothing store that Jerome loves and after an hour of trying clothes on, I decided to buy them. I spent around the same as Wes.

Jerome was so helpful. He showed me where to enroll Wes at school. I got his school necessities as well. We went to the grocery store and I spent $350 on groceries. 

It was a very busy day. I decorated the apartment trying to suppress all the emotions I have. I wanted my mom. This was already too hard.

"Salina are we going to be okay?" My brother asks sadly. I don't know if I will be okay. There were people trying to get to us and I still needed to find out what this damn Ruby does.

"Yes we will" I assured. He smiles at me and goes back to the tv to play on the PS4 while I quickly hid in the kitchen trying to get myself together.

At about 4:30pm, Amora was back from work and decided to visit us.

"Do you know if there are places hiring?" I ask her as we watch Wes play his video games.

"What are you good at?" She ask.

"My mom was a healer and I use to help her" I say.

Wes flinched when I said 'Mom'. He turned back to focus on his game trying not to think of it.

"That's great! The pack healer, Harriet is looking for an apprentice. The job pays $15 an hour" she explained.

"Okay that's perfect"

"Tomorrow is Saturday so I can take you to see her. She a little intimidating but she's really nice" Amora says going to the door. "See you then"

She gave me a surprising hug and left. That night, I made spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. That's the only food I can make properly without looking at a recipe. The dinner was ate in complete silence. I knew he missed our mom's cooking. So did I. I put him to bed and lay in my bed with tears.