Chapter 2: Shining Night Pack

Start from the beginning

"Alright. The Alpha recently passed a bill, The Newcomers Act which states: All new pack members must go through medical testing(it's just a checkup for diseases), you will be given a place to stay and also clothing and food allowance for the next 6 months. You have 6 months to find a job. If you can't find a job within 6 months, you must let me know. The Alpha is very lenient and will allow you few more months" Marcus reviewed the paperwork with me.

"Alright" I agreed.

"Also you must enroll him into school. School starts in a week" Marcus points at Wes who was sleeping with his head on my shoulder.

"Okay"

"As you can see, this is a prestigious pack. We do not condone bullying, racism, or bad behavior in general. Anyone who breaks the law is subjected to prison or to be exiled" he reviewed the good behavior part of the packet. I signed some paperwork.

"Where are we now?" I ask.

"This is the pack house. Those who are sick normally stay here and the leadership offices are here as well. You will be staying at an apartment complex about 10 minutes from here. If you need help or have any issues feel free to contact the Gamma, Amir who stays at the same building" He informs.

"Thank you for your kindness and hospitality" I say standing up.

"A pack warrior will escort you to your place. Training is Monday-Friday 0600 to 0800. See you tomorrow at training" he gave me a small smile and brings out his hand. I move to shake it. He has a firm grip.

Just in cue, a dark skin female with long curly hair came in. I picked Wes up and followed her to the door.

"I will send someone to bring your bank card tomorrow" Marcus called out before I left. I nod and followed the girl.

"Candis was right! You are cute as hell" the girl says as we walk out of the building.

"You too" I say quietly.

"Bish I know I'm hot as hell no need to tell me but we are talking about you here not me" she spoke with confidence.

With the type of day I had, the last thing I'm thinking of is making friends. I was never good at making friends. At my home pack all the girls were fake as hell so I mostly kept to myself.

"Thank you" I say quietly as we walked down the street to a taxi. The man began to drive as soon as we got in.

"I'm Amora. I'm one of the pack trainers and I also teach Kindergarten. I'm also your neighbor" she introduced bringing out her hand.

"I'm Salina and that's my brother Wes" I say.

"You are shy but it's okay though because when you spend less than five minutes with my friends they will strip all that shyness away" she jokes.

I smile. There's a difference between shyness and a person dealing with a lot but she doesn't know what I'm going through.

The taxi pulled into a street with multiple tall buildings. He stopped at one of them and we got out. I followed Amora up to the third floor. Too many damn floors! I was also carrying a heavyweight 7 year old. Goodness!

We arrived at a hallway and stopped at the two brown doors that were across from each other. She hands me the card and I swiped it. It turned green and I entered. Amora came in with me.

It was furnished and so nice. It had a huge kitchen and two bedrooms and two bathrooms.

My mouth widen and looked at Amora as we walked through all room

"It's nice isn't it?" Amora squealed excitedly.

"Yeah" I agreed.

"Go get some rest. I will wake you up at 5:30 so you can get ready for training. I will give you some of my clothes as well. We will go shopping after training. I will go get you some sleep wear" She tells me and left the apartment to go to hers.

I took Wes to the master bedroom and once Amora brought back a nightgown for me, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. As I lay in the bathtub, the memories of today came back. I started to sob quietly.

My whole family was gone and I had to take care of my brother. I can't do this alone. I can barely take care of myself. I am a mess.

I got out of the shower and put my box braids into a high bun. I dried off and used the moisturizer that Amora gave me and slipped on the night gown.

I took a deep breath wiping all tears and walked to the bedroom to lay beside Wes waiting for sleep but who can sleep after a day like this?

Sleep never came. Misery appeared instead.