Chapter 22 [Edited]

Chapter 22

 Colton's P.O.V (before Katherine got bit)

              "Come in," I beckoned to the person who had knocked on my door. Mason stepped into my room a small smile placed on his face.

 "Hey," he greeted me as he closed the door behind him

 "Hey, so I heard about you and Lucy," I smirked as his eyes widened.

 "How-"

             "I didn't mean to eavesdrop on yours and Katherine's conversation. So Katherine's going to talk to Lucy?"

 "Yep, anyway Logan and Katherine have their date coming up soon."

 I growled, "Yes I know you don't have to remind me."

 "Why don't you do something about it?"

 "What am I meant to do?"

 "I don't know but you are her mate,"

              "Which makes this 'date' pointless and soon she'll realise that. Plus, I still have to persuade her,"

 "Persuade her?"

 I sighed and shook my head, "never mind. Right now there's nothing I can do,"

 "You and Katherine are so blind,"

 I frowned, "what does that mean?"

 "It's so obvious that-" an ear piercing scream rippled through the air and captured our attention.

           "Katherine!" Mason and I ran down the stairs followed by the rest of the boys and we ran into the forest. I sniffed the air trying to catch the sweet scent of my mate and I caught it but along with it the strong smell of blood which made me angry and agitated. I could hear water running close by and saw that there was a lake but in the middle of the open space lay Katherine.

           She lay on the grass unconscious, her dark hair sprawled under her and the tips were slightly coated in blood that was dripping off of her shoulder on the place where I'm meant to mark her. Before anybody else could reach her I ran up to her and held her face in my hands, "someone call the pack doctor!" I screamed, Mason ran to get the pack doctor along with Liam and Chace knelled besides Katherine checking for a pulse.

             "Who did this?" Logan muttered to himself, "no body could have got through the territory." 

"Who ever did this is going to get ripped limb by limb by my bare teeth." 

                 "Someone needs to put pressure on her wound," Chace said, "it looks like someone bit her," I ripped off my shirt and held it against Katherine's wound adding pressure to it and then Mason returned with a women who seemed to be in her late twenties or so.

               She looked at me and bowed down in respect, "Alpha Strider please carry Katherine to the pack house." I nodded and lifted Katherine bridal style as I followed the doctor into the pack house and then into the medical room. I placed Katherine slowly on to the bed, "I'll need everyone to leave now." I didn't want to leave but arguing with the Doctor right now didn't seem like a bright idea so I obliged and followed the boys outside.

        I hope she's fine. When I saw her in her unconscious bloody state my heart almost stopped. The thought of losing Katherine made me want to rip my own heart out. I couldn't lost her. A few minutes later the Doctor came outside, "Katherine will be fine she lost quite a bit of blood so she'll need rest, her wolf is slowly healing. I suggest for her own comfort for her to be taken up to her room."

             "I'll do it," Mason told her and walked into the room. He came back out a few seconds later with Katherine in his arms, bridal style, and walked up stairs with her soon the rest of the boys followed and I was the last to leave.

              "Alpha Strider," the Doctor called me and I turned around to face her, "I need to speak to you about Katherine's mark."

 I frowned, "what about it?"

 * * *

Mason's P.O.V

               I placed Katherine down on her bed and covered her legs with a blanket. I sat besides her and stroked her long dark hair, "wake up soon baby sis." I whispered to her and then a scent over took my senses; strawberries. I looked over by the door and there stood Lucy shock on her face, she looked over at me and walked into the room.

 "Is she going to be okay?" Lucy asked me

                I nodded staring at her, god she's beautiful with her long brown hair and big brown eyes, "yeah she'll wake up soon she just needs to rest."

 "What happened?"

                "It looks like someone bit her but we're not too sure whom or what. Hopefully when Katherine wakes up she can tell us about it," she got a closer look at the bite mark and her eyes widened.

 "Mason..." my name sounded seductive coming off her lips, "has Colton marked her yet?"

 I frowned, "no. I don't know. I don't think so, why?"

 "The place where this thing or person bit her is the place where Colton is meant to mark her,"

 "So what are you trying to say?"

 "Katherine is going to be in a lot of pain..."

 * * *

 Katherine's P.O.V

            My head was pounding. It felt like somebody was smashing it against a brick wall repeatedly, a groan escaped my lips as I tried to pry my eyes open and my neck was throbbing then everything came back to me and my eyes shot open. I was in my room with Colton, Chace and Mason who were staring at me intently.

 "Katherine what happened?" Chace asked me with a frown.

             I groaned, "Nick-" before I could finish my sentence a burning sensation shot through my neck which caused me to gasp and clutch the mark that Nick had left. The pain hit my body like a bullet which caused me to cry out, "Chace it hurts!" I cried and he quickly ran over to me and cradled me like I was a child, "make it stop," the pain hit me once again and it felt like my body was on fire. The mark on my neck stung, "please make it stop." tears were streaming down my face and a pained looked took over Colton's face.

        Chace sighed "There's only one way to stop it but you won't like it," Colton sat on the bed besides me and held my hand which helped to ease the pain slightly. Chace and Mason looked at Colton and I looked over at him tears making my vision slightly blurry.

 "Please just do anything!" I cried out.

 "I- I have to mark you" Colton told me and my eyes widened.

 So what did you guys think? Like it? Hate it? Love it? Dislike it? Ohh he might mark her!