Chapter 7 [Edited]

Chapter 7

         I peeked through the kitchen door as Mason and Colton looked through the draws, just move a little to the right Mason! "Mason?" Colton called. His dark t- shirt hugged his muscles and his jeans made his bum look perky and nice, yes I noticed this, his chestnut hair was slightly damp and messy probably from the morning shower.

     "Yeah" He answered. I've noticed now how distant they've become before they were practically joined by the hip and now they were distant, how strange. Mason wore a plaid shirt that hugged his muscles and dark jeans as well, his hair was messy and slight wavy.

"Can you believe that was Katherine?"

Mason sighed, "No, no I can't. But it is her,"

"She's changed."

               "Yes but I think only look wise, maybe she's still the same."It hurt me slightly to know that he thought I was still the pathetic, weak, waste of space Katherine, but I'll prove him wrong. I'm Kat now. "Have you mated with Kayla?" Wait, what? Kayla?

Colton sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, "No, she isn't my actual mate"

          "It's Katherine isn't it? I heard the word mate in there a couple of times," Colton looked away and Mason scoffed, "you know I accused her of lying?"

"That was three years ago."

"Why did you reject her?"

"Because- because she was too weak to be Luna."

"She's your mate"

          "And she's your sister, might I remind you, you bullied her too," well this conversation took a whole new turn, "I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that. I've decided to complete the mating process with Kayla"

         "And Katherine?" Colton shrugged and it hurt me bad, even my wolf whimpered he's a jerk, forget him I told her he's our mate she reminded me and I ignored her. Colton then went to open the draw with Mason besides him. As soon as they opened a loud squelch and boom followed and they were covered in maple syrup, flour and glitter. Lame prank I know but Skylar wouldn't give all my prank equipment back, he told me to start with baby pranks. The look on their face made me hysterical, everyone ran to the kitchen and I leaned on Liam as we both laughed.

"This is only the start!" I yelled and then ran away before they could recover from their state of shock.

            "That was unexpected," Skylar said as he came into my room followed by the other boys except Logan.

"What was? The prank or you just coming into my room without knocking?" I asked, "let me tell you one thing, the latter I'm kinda used to. You've made a habit of it." Skylar rolled his eyes of me.

"I should confiscate your pranks," Chace told me.

"But...?"

"But they deserve it," I grinned.

"They do!" I laughed.

"Anyway, get ready," Aden told me and I frowned.

"Why?"

"We're going to a restaurant as a sort of welcome to the pack, yesterday was too dramatic,"

I groaned, "Do I have to?"

        "Yes, it was Alice's idea. She's coming over in a bit to help you get dressed," with that they left my room as I mentally screamed instantly knowing I'll regret this evening.

                                                                                                 * * *

           After I had showered and dried my hair, Alice came over holding a burgundy dress that looked simple but elegant, it reached mid thigh and the top of the dress had a sweetheart neckline. The dress hugged my body well, it went with my skin tone and my dark hair. Alice gave me simple grey heels and did my make up. 

        Alice wore a dusty pink strapless dress, the top had lace but the bottom which stopped mid thigh was plain, she paired it with silver accessories and black heels. Her blonde hair, unlike my wavy dark one, was straight and cascaded down her shoulders.

           "Now go flaunt those legs and make him drool," Alice said as she pushed me out of the room and I laughed. We walked down the corridor talking, everyone was dressed as smart- casual and it looked quite nice. I walked past Kayla who wore a white, simple, strapless dress it was a beautiful dress but her personality just made it seem ugly.

     I felt Colton's eyes pierce into me and rake my body as I made my way towards Logan, "You look amazing Kat," Logan told me and I smiled as I heard Colton let out a possessive growl.

"Looking the best for the best," I said with a wink and he chuckled.

This night is going to be good.

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Dislike it? Comment and vote.