Chapter 16 [Edited]

Chapter 16

 I smiled "You can try"

        Logan smiled and then bit his lip, something he does when he's thinking, "fine, give me an hour and meet me out here!"

 I chuckled, "Okay" I got up and then walked away.

                                                                                         * * *

              As I walked towards my room a voice called me from behind and I was turned to face familiar blue eyes. Colton. "Katherine can we talk?" I nodded and led him into my room closing the door behind me.

 "What do you want Colton?" I asked him.

             "Have you thought about what I said at lunch?" I frowned and then remembered him talking about giving us a second chance.

          "To be honest Colton I don't know if I can risk putting my heart out on the line. I don't know if I can give you a second chance,"

 "Everyone deserves a second chance,"

 "You didn't give me one. You just rejected me in front of the whole pack."

 He sighed, "I know. How about this; how about I persuade you?"

 "Persuade me?"

 "Yes. Persuade you to give us a chance. To be my mate,"

 I smiled and crossed my arms, "well then Persuade me Mr Alpha."

         After an hour I walked back down into the garden and smile when I saw that there was candles lit on the table and Logan stood there in his jeans and a t- shirt, "so do you like it?" he asked me.

 I grinned, "Hm, it'll have to do," I approached him and he handed me a rose.

 "So, Katherine Dawson can I have the great pleasure in taking you out on Friday night?"

            I chuckled "Logan Knight I would love to be your date but you have to understand that Colton being here will make it kind of hard," he frowned, "the mate connection is there and it's undeniable but I will put in effort for this date"

 He grinned, "that's all I ask for."

            "By the ways you're cleaning this up by yourself. Make sure you put the candles back you know how much of a neat freak Chace is,"

 Logan groaned, "oh great," I chuckled and walked away.

                                                                                     * * *

               The door to a room was open and I realised it was Mason's room as his scent filled my noise. I stopped as I walked past it, "yeah she's fine," I peered in and saw that he was on the phone, "yes Mum it is actually Katherine" Mum? My heart beat fast I hadn't talked nor seen my Parents in three years, god I missed them, "I wish you and Dad were here to see her. She's so confident now. She's tall and even more beautiful than she was before." He thought I was beautiful before? "Love you too Mum. Tell Dad I said Hi," he put the phone away and it seemed as if I had lost control of my body as I walked into his room.

 "Mason?" I called, he jumped slightly and looked shocked to see me.

 "Katherine, come in" He told me, his eyes still wide and I walked further into his room.

 "You were talking to Mum?"

 "Yes"

 "How are they?"

             "They're fine. They're supposed to be going on a cruise with Colton's parents until the whole rogue thing is being sorted," I nodded, "you know after I told them everything they were so disappointed and heart broken"

 "what do you mean by everything?"

              "I mean everything! I told them how we bullied you, taunted you and put you through hell. How I was such a crap older brother I couldn't even take care of you. That status blinded me and took over that I didn't care any more." Tears left his eyes, "the look on Mum and Dad's face when I told them broke me. They were disappointed that I had made my baby sister run. That we made you leave everything behind. Sure, you're doing so well right now but this could have been you in The Midnight Pack right now if I hadn't been such a stupid, stupid brother!" I sat besides him in shock. What the hell am I meant to do? Hug him? Pat his back?

 "Mason?"

             "Katherine I'm so damn sorry. I know this doesn't change the past but it could affect the future. Please, please forgive me? I want to show you how much I've changed. Please forgive me?"

 I sighed "Mason I-"

 GIF: Mason

Like it? Hate it? Dislike it? Love it? Comment and vote. What do you think Katherine will say? Was this chapter a bit too cheesy? Should she have said no to Logan or did she do the right job saying yes to him? Leave your thoughts and comments below also don't forget to vote! Love you guys :)