Chapter 10 [Edited]

Chapter 10

         I don't know why but it was as if my wolf was pulling me towards Colton's room but when I got there I felt hurt. I was hurt to see Kayla all over him and his hand's on Kayla, her body pushed against the wall. When Colton pushed her away he looked shocked but she just smirked at me as if proving a point.

           Well, screw Colton Kayla can have him. They're a match made in heaven. Colton opened his mouth to speak but I put my hand up initiating for him to stop, "No, just don't. Forget it." I told him and walked away, into my room.

                                                                                          * * *

         The next morning I groaned thinking about work. I had no lessons this morning which meant I had to schedule work in there but right now I couldn't be asked but I forced myself to get up and walk into my bathroom. Slowly, I got ready for work; after the hygienic morning routine, I slipped on some jeans and a loose t- shirt. I tied up my hair and slipped on my converses. Then I made my way downstairs into the kitchen ready to have breakfast, the house was awfully quiet but as I walked downstairs I saw Colton in the living room, staring intently at the coffee table. Wow, it must be a very interesting coffee table. He must have smelt my scent because he looked my way and I briskly walked into the kitchen.

"Katherine," Colton called me from the kitchen door and I stopped my trek to the fridge.

"What?" I asked in a bitter voice, it's too early for this.

          "We need to talk about last night," I could hear his ragged breathing and I knew that his wolf didn't like the way I spoke to him but I don't care. 

"No we don't."

"Katherine-"

        I turned around to face him and he stared at my face, "Colton I couldn't care less about you or your slut of a replacement mate,"

         "Nothing is going on between me and Kayla," Colton told me through gritted teeth. Oh look, he's riled up.

                  I rolled my eyes at him and looked at my nail, "Yeah and the Earth doesn't go around the sun," I told him sarcastically. Then I was trapped between him and the fridge. His hand had my hands pinned up above me and his head was bent down, looking down at me and suddenly being 5"5 felt like I was tiny especially compared to Colton. His touch sent sparks and tingles all over my body, electricity ran through my veins. As I stared up into his sapphire blue eyes my breath hitched slightly. It's not a good idea being this close to him. Mate, mate, mate my wolf echoed excited by his touch and she craved more. His gaze fell to my lips and I held my breath but then he looked back into my eyes.

          "Katherine all those years all I could only think of was you. My body, my mind and my wolf ached to be with you and now that we're here and we can't have you it pisses me off because you're right here! Okay, I admit me and Kayla had a fling but that's all it was. A dumb fling to take my mind off of you, off of the hurt that I arrogantly caused on you. When you ran away three years ago it felt as if the Earth below me cracked open and I fell in," I kinda wish you did, "I miss you and I need you!"

       I narrowed my eyes at him. Don't fall for it, he's not lying! My wolf told me but I ignored her "Then why did you reject me?"

       "Because- Because I was stupid, okay? I was a stupid eighteen year old who cared for no one but himself," you got that right! "And because I- because you weren't Luna material, you were too weak."