Chapter 2 [Edited]

Chapter 2

 Three years later

        I quickly did a back flip as he tried to lunge at me and then I dogged his next attack, after spotting an open move I kicked him in the shin and he fell to the ground in a thump. I looked down at my victim in victory. "Did you see that?" I asked the class.

       "Yes!" They exclaimed in awe. I loved teaching the younger kids they always left in awe making me feel proud of myself.

        "Good. Remember dodging and defending always works. It leaves your attacker in the open as they recover so you have enough time to attack them," they nodded, "Okay, keep practising whenever you have time. Class dismissed." They all walked off to find their parents and then they would go off to their own house.

Skylar jumped up and dusted his t- shirt off, "man, you get stronger every training session,"

 "Yes, try not to cry about it," I told him and stuck my tongue out at him.

 Skylar rolled his hazel eyes at me, "please, I let you beat me Kit- Kat"

 "Sure you did," I ruffled his dirty blonde hair and he shoved me away.

          "I wish you wouldn't do that!" Skylar fixed his hair again and I chuckled, his hair was so precious to him.

 "And I wish you wouldn't call me Kit- Kat, it's Kat or nothing,"

         "Then I'll call you nothing," he laughed at his own joke and I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm too funny," I chuckled at that and ran to my room.

           After I had showered, I looked at myself in the mirror over the years my hair had gone longer and much darker, my complexion was still naturally sun -kissed, I had lost weight from before but my body was slightly toned from training and my eyes had turned a slightly lighter shade of blue- almost a misty blue colour. I slipped on a red t- shirt and my skinny jeans. Over the years I learnt to love myself and my body. My confidence was high. I didn't hide behind baggy jeans and tops I loved wearing skinny jeans. As I walked downstairs into the living room I greeted some pack members.

         The Shadow Pack were quite big pack but many members didn't live in the pack house they either found their mates and stayed with their mates in their own house or they lived with their families in their own house but at Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving and on Eid the pack house is usually filled. The Shadow Pack consisted of many different people from different ethnicity, religions and backgrounds but somehow everyone just fitted in and I loved that about this pack. We relocated to San Francisco after swapping with the Half Moon Pack, who were a small pack and needed a smaller territory and so they contacted us and we took their bigger territory. Despite the fact that we weren't the biggest pack.

          I walked downstairs into the living room where Logan, Chace, Aden, Skylar and Liam were sat and I frowned as their nervous expression, "hey guys, what's going on?" I asked.

       "Katherine, we need to talk" Logan told me as he sighed and I frowned. This sounds like a cliche break up line.

I gasped, "you're pregnant!" He rolled his eyes at me as I chuckled, "Okay then but if it's about the dog poop in your shoes prank then I've apologised-"

 "No it's not that but I do keep checking my shoes twice now," I grinned.

 "So what is it?"

 "It's about...rogues"

 "Rogues?" That's strange Logan never really talks to me about Rogues.

          "Yeah, you see this pack called asking for shelter so they can hide away and form a plan against the rogues and hunters attacking their pack at the moment,"

 "Oh, did you say yes?"

 "That's where you come in?"

 "What?"

           "This pack is The Midnight Pack," my eyes widened and all the memories of that pack came back like a flood. A sudden rage engulfed me.

"WHAT?"

 "Listen if you say no then we'll tell them no-"

            "No. No way in hell! I don't want them around me at all!" with that I ran out of the house. I shifted into my wolf and ran off to blow off some steam. After a couple minutes of running I approached a familiar lake and sat besides it, looking into the water at my reflection. My wolf was a beige wolf with misty blue eyes that looked almost grey.

         Was saying no the right thing? My wolf asked me and I sighed. No it wasn't. I held a grudge against the pack but that grudge could also result in many deaths of children and families, or even my parents. Can I risk that for a grudge? No I can't. After a few minutes of contemplation I ran back to the pack house. My window was wide opened and I jumped through it, into my room. I changed into human form and quickly slipped on a t- shirt and shorts, then I walked towards Logan's office, knocking on the door and he beckoned me in.

                     "Katherine," Logan greeted me as he looked at me from behind his laptop, "are you feeling better now?" he only calls me Katherine when I'm angry, or when he's nervous to talk to me or when I'm being told off for a prank. Usually the latter.

I nodded, "did you call them?"

 "Not yet, why?"

 I sighed, "say yes"

 "What?"

"Say yes, they could be in danger and holding a grudge and saying no won't help them. It could potentially end in death."

 Logan nodded, "I'm proud of you for being the bigger person,"

 I smiled, "just promise me you won't let him break down my walls. You guys are my strength and I will need you even more when they're here,"

 "I promise but you're much stronger then you think, Katherine. You'll be fine on your own."

        As Logan went to call them I left and walked into the kitchen in need of a drink. "So I heard you said yes?" Liam asked me.

                 I jumped and almost dropped my root beer, thank god for werewolf reflexes, "goodness Liam you scared me," I scolded and he chuckled. Then a loud noise went off and I frowned, what the hell?"

 "Shit, I forgot about that!" Liam muttered.

          "LIAM!" Chace's voice boomed through the house and as he walked into the kitchen a foul smell followed him.

 "Oh god Chace ever heard of a shower?" I asked him.

 "Liam planted stupid stink bombs in my room!" Chace told me, "yes I said stink bombs as in plural!"

 "Wow how stupid,"

 "And immature!"

 "I mean, come on, a stink bomb? You could do so much better like-"

 "Katherine!Don't give him anymore ideas," I held up my hand in defence, "do you have a death wish Liam?"

 "I wish that I had no death wish?" Liam asked

 "Too late,"

             I laughed as Chace chased Liam around the house. I love my boys so much, without them my life would be dull and I would have never broken out of my shell. I grabbed my phone and dialled a number.

 "Hey Alice, I need you to come over."

GIF: Logan

Comment and Vote! What do you think? It's a bit short but I hope you liked it!