Chapter 11 [Edited]

Chapter 11

         A growl rippled through the air and I glanced back at Colton and scowled at him, jerk, but my heart skipped a beat at his possessiveness and my wolf jumped for joy. Alice chuckled as she pulled away from Aden, "You guys had fun!"

 "Yeah, so much fun that I'm fucking soaking!" Logan complained and I laughed.

 "It's your own fault," I told him

 "How?"

 "You were going to throw me in to the water!"

 "I-"

       "Please stop bickering like an old married couple!" Alice interrupted and I crossed my arms. I dried off later on in the toilets, which reeked by the way, and I noticed Mason narrowing his eyes at my belly button piercing and Colton stared at me. I sat down and ignored him, but then his scent hit my nose from behind me and I jumped slightly when did he sit behind me?

 "You have a tattoo?" Colton asked.

 "Yeah..." I answered unsure, his voice behind me sending goosebumps through me.

 "We will all laugh at gilded butterflies, sounds beautiful. What does it mean?"

      "It's a comparison between people and butterflies. Gilded butterflies are beautiful but they're fake. It's basically stating that I will not be 'made' beautiful, I believe in natural beauty. Everyone's beautiful the way they are," I don't know why I had just explained that to him but he stared at me intently and then nodded.

 "I like it... it's beautiful," his eyes met mine, he got up and walked away. Then Lucy replaced his seat and grinned at me.

 "What was that?" She asked me.

        "I was just explaining what my tattoo means," I explained honestly,"you have realised that Mason has been giving you the eye since you arrived." Her brown eyes widened slightly and she regained her composition.

       "Well, I'm in a bikini and guys are hormonal especially male wolves," I chuckled but nodded, it's true once male wolves hit puberty they are so hormonal! She- Wolves have better control than them.

        Liam came and sat besides us with a huge grin on our face and I smiled at him, "Hi," I greeted him. He brought us some ice- cream. We talked and laughed while he shared some lame but funny jokes.

"Hi, so..." he said and I narrowed my eyes at him, confused, "spill it jelly bean!"

"Huh?"

"You and Logan?" I blushed.

"We're just friends!"

            "Obviously," Lucy interrupted, "she's taken," I frowned and was going to ask her more about it but Skylar had called her over and she walked away before I got the chance.

                                                                                             * * *

        I admired the dark shade of blue that I had painted my toenails as I sat on my bed besides Alice and Lucy who were doing their nails or drying their hair. After spending a couple of hours at the beach we came home, showered and now we were relaxing.

         "Hey Lucy," I called her and she turned to face me, "at the beach when you said that I was taken what did you mean?"

"Oh, that you have Colton," she answered shrugging her shoulders and I frowned.

"But... I don't have Colton,"

        "Sure you do. You are his mate, despite his past you know that you can forgive him because he's your mate. You can move on because deep down you love him," say what?

Alice scoffed, "please she doesn't need Colton, she has Logan!"

"Logan?" I questioned.

       "Yes, you're so blind Kat!" Alice said putting her nail polish away and looking at me intently "Logan obviously likes you!"

        "What? No!" Alice rolled her hazel eyes at me. Logan likes me? What? No. Logan does not like me. That's not possible! Is it? But the question is how do I feel about him?

 "Kat!" Lucy called me and I snapped back to the present, "you zoned out"

 "Sorry!" I apologised

 "I asked; do you want a drink?"

 "Um, yeah, sure" she nodded and walked out of my room.

Lucy's P.O.V

        One minute I was walking down the corridor and then the next I was abruptly pulled into a dimly lit room, tingles shook my body and I gasped as I was pressed against the wall. His hot breath mingling with mine as my eyes locked onto his blue ones.

"Hello mate," Mason greeted me and I gasped, gulping slightly.

"Mason I-" I started but was interrupted.

 He frowned, "why are you avoiding me?"

        I sighed and looked away, "I don't want to mate with you," my wolf shattered after hearing those words he's our mate! She yelled at me.

"W- what? You're rejecting me!"

"I'm sorry"

"why?"

"because you're cruel," he was taken back by my answer, "you tortured your own sister for so long,"

"that was a mistake"

        "and it took you three years to realise that, you don't realise what you have until you loose it. I can't risk that. I can't put my heart out on the line,"

 "But-"

           "I'm sorry Mason," I pushed him off of me and walked downstairs into the kitchen. I grabbed the drinks and ran back up.

"You took long!" Alice said with a playful smile. Should I tell them?

"Yeah sorry," I apologised, not now. I handed her, her drink and then handed Kat hers.

"Are you okay?" Kat asked looking at me intently.

I smiled at her "yeah" I really wasn't.

 GIF: Liam

Like it? Hate it? Love it? Dislike it? Comment and vote. Do you guys think Lucy made the right choice in rejecting Mason? What would you have done? Leave your thought below :)