Chapter 16

Marley's POV

"GET UP!" someone screams and I yelp falling off my bed but, I don't hit the floor. I slowly open my eyes to see that Carson caught me and my little brother was the one who woke me up, Michael continues laughing at my fear.

"I'll catch you little-" I clench my fists and my mom appears by his side, "don't even say it Marley, hurry up and have a shower" noticing my confusion she adds "we need to talk." Then, she takes Michael with her and shuts my room door.

I turn to face Carson "why can't we have a peaceful morning?" he groans hiding his face in my neck. "The world hates us" I reply. "I need to shower" I struggle out of his arms, "fine, remember we're going to that Chicken Girls movie premiere together" he mumbles.

**

I get out of the shower to find Carson asleep, I'm wearing Carson's blue sweater and ripped blue jeans with my famous white vans, I honestly wear them too much but it's because I love them.

I talk to my bed, "baby ?" I shake him slightly and he mumbles something still asleep. I decide to drag him out of bed with his leg, I pull him down until he's about to end up on the floor then I let him go.

He lets out a yelp and I laugh while he glares at me "what? You wouldn't wake up" I whine. "I'm gonna talk to my mum then I'm going to see Annie now get dressed, your clothes are on the left side of the wardrobe" I instruct.

He stands up walking to the wardrobe, "so you're the thief that's been stealing all my clothes" he muses and I roll my eyes playfully walking to him to kiss his cheek and then I walk out to meet my mom.

"Good morning" I greet her and she signals for me to sit, "have you slept with him?" she asks abruptly and I furrow my eyebrows "no" I reply. She nods "I don't like how close you two are, whenever he comes over you guys SHOULDN'T leave the living room, no going in your room when I'm not home" she instructs.

I'm about to reply when she adds "when I get back from my trip we're going to the hospital to find out if you're still a virgin" and my jaw drops but I don't say anything because if I say anything I could get beaten here and I don't want that, you know how black moms are, strict af.

"Wait, what trip?" I ask hesitantly, "I'm going on holiday kind of for 2 weeks with Aliyu and you're going to Annie's house while Michael comes with me" she states. "But, why can't I come with you?" I whine. 

"Do you really want paparazzi to follow us around?" she raises an eyebrow and I shake my head no "that's why you have to stay and I leave tonight, I've got a late night flight for 10pm" she smiles.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------