"Serpents," Sheriff Keller barked. "You're under arrest on suspicion of jumping a high schooler. By now, you probably know your rights. Just keep your mouths shut and maybe you'll be all right."

"Jumping a student? Have you Northside dickheads lost your minds?!" Lauryn ranted, attempting to break free but feeling the officer's hold on her tighten. He slammed her against the wall in a restraint, causing her to grunt in discomfort.

"Be careful with her!" Sweet Pea warned, nothing angering him more than the inability to protect her. "She didn't do anything! Don't you dare fucking hurt her!" 

"Keller... You were there for me with Kevin! What the fuck changed?!" Lauryn spat as she could no longer keep her rage inside, wincing a little as the pressure of her body against the trailer wall increased. Sweet Pea frowned, completely lost.

"Yeah, well, I trusted Kevin, I thought he was right in saying that you're one of the only ones that are okay," Keller replied calmly, yet certain aggression in his tone made Lauryn grit her teeth. "Guess we were wrong. Get them in the car."

They held hands the whole way to the station, and Sweet Pea wanted to ask his girlfriend about what she'd said earlier but didn't dare speak with two police officers sitting in front of them. All he could do was comfort her, but with his hands connected by handcuffs.

"It's gonna be okay, Angel Face," he whispered, watching as a shaky tear slid down her natural cheek. Her bottom lip shivered, and it broke his heart. "I'm here."

After questioning, they were shoved into cells that were right beside each other, the girls in one and the guys in the other. Sweet Pea and Angel Face held hands through the metal bars, despite being told not to. 

She shook until her body was unaware that it was doing so anymore, wanting to be back home in bed warm and dry. But no, she was sitting in a cramped, wet cell in the middle of the Northside of Riverdale.

Throughout the agonisingly long night, no one slept or even spoke. Besides a piercing backache, Lauryn couldn't really move as she was so cold. She also felt sick out of her mind, thinking she was going to throw up all over the cell floor, so she kept her head against the wall and eyes closed.

Sweet Pea frowned, knowing that there was something wrong with her other than her nerves, and based on the discolouration in her face alone, he knew it wasn't something to be taken lightly. Massaging her hand lightly with his thumb, he tried his best to comfort her.

Toni was sat in the opposite corner by herself, despite the fact that she wasn't even there when the fight happened. Fangs was angrily perched beside Sweet Pea, thoroughly pissed off at how they'd treated his sister who was looking paler than a fresh sheet of paper.

By the time morning arrived, the Serpents were finally released as there wasn't enough evidence to press any charges. As soon as they were able to hold each other properly again, Sweet Pea threw his arms around his girl, observing her worriedly. "Baby, you don't look so good."

"I feel sick," Lauryn replied bluntly, her mouth dry and head spinning. She was too tired to hide it. "I think I'm gonna throw up."

"Let's just get you home," Fangs patted her shoulder, his arm around her supportively. "You need some sleep."

"Last night was so uncalled for," Sweet Pea said once he'd gotten Lauryn to sleep, putting his beer bottle down on the coffee table. "Why the hell did we get taken in?"

Fangs nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I overheard them saying one of the losers from the fight got stabbed in the leg, and they said we jumped in. He stabbed himself."