-23-

It was a few hours later that a series of very faint car noises caught the attention of our soldiers. Had it been for the extra look outs, the car noises wouldn't have been heard.

Tord stood alert and watched carefully however he couldn't hear nor see the cars. Confused he turned to his fellow soldiers however a bunch of soldiers in different uniforms came running out of the forest.

The soldiers were wearing all black clothing, all skin practically covered besides their eyes.

They didn't have any lethal weapon besides wooden bats, just in case. The Red Army Soldiers however had guns so there was no possible way these soldiers will get in and out alive.

Upon realising the Red Army Soldiers were already waiting on their arrival they stopped. "We can't get through sir!" One soldier piped up.

Tom looked at Tord who was at the very front of the blocking soldiers. "Tom I know you're there! Come forward and we will discuss this"

"Whatever we want, you cant provide!" Tord turned to Tom.

"You don't know that unless you trust me." Tord spoke walking a step closer.

"We know you can't." Tom spoke again. Tord took another couple of steps toward. Though Tom started taking steps back. "fall out everyone!"

Before Tom could even start to move, somehow Tord was in front of him and grabbing his arm.

"Let go of me Tord." Tom growled and tried to yank his arm out of Tords grip.

"I can't do that, come back with me Tom. We can sort this out."

"No Tord! The poor innocents are getting killed and injured for no reason. I need to save them and you won't stop me!"

"Tom stop this pathetic fantasy! You won't get through my Soldiers now. They've all been alerted."

Tom shook his head his hand grabbing his bat. "I won't hesitate to swing!"

Tord pulled back and let go of Toms arm. Both stared at eachother for a moment, Toms bat in the air ready to swing at any moment. Tord looked back to his soldiers, they were aiming guns straight to Tom.

Then all of a sudden a soldier came running out of the woods ready to take Tom back. However the spontaneous action cause a soldier to accidentally pull the trigger.

The shot rang in the air and Tord squeezed his eyes shut dreading the direction the bullet was shot.

Opening his eyes he looked at Tom who dropped his bat and stared at Tord with wide eyes. He watched as Toms hands made their way down to the left of his stomach and it was then Tord realised the bullet had hit Tom.

"STAND DOWN!" He yelled to his soldiers "GET A DOCTOR!" He knelt down as Tom fell and held him. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" He kept saying over and over again. Tom was getting weaker as he put a hand up to cup Tords cheek, wiping the tears that were falling.

"I'm going to be okay Tord. Really" Tom smiled weakly as Tord chuckled.

"I'm the one supposed to be saying that." He leaned into Toms hand until it dropped down, too weak to stay up.

Both Toms and Tords soldiers stood watching until first aider came to take Tom away.

———————————————
If you don't already know, I have started another book called The Star and Cleaner.

It's another EW fanfic so check it out if ya want.

Thanks for reading

-LunaK