-1-

Tom sat on the windowsill in his bedroom, a soft red blanket draped carelessly over his legs. He looked to his right at the glowing sun, envious of the careless birds chirping, residing in the nearby tree. Though his thought process, he couldn't help but feel at peace with the slight breeze drifting through the window; the wind slightly messing his spiked hair.

As Tom looked down at the letter from his lover (if he can even call him that still) stationed on his lap, yes it's 2018 and letters are still a thing, he was overcome with another wave of sadness. Then as he read the letter for a fourth time he laughed bitterly to himself 'I'm sorry' This occurs in every letter and as much as Tom wants to forgive Tord for what he did, he just couldn't. The pain is too much for him to simply forgive and forget.

'Give the guy props for actually sending a letter' a part of Toms brain was saying.

'Yeah! But not after after 4 months of nothing!' Said another part

You see 5 years ago was when the whole situation, that led Tord to move back to Norway, happened. Tom, Edd and Matt referred it to 'The End'.

Why? May you ask, well all 3 men had their reasons. Tom simply because he lost a lover, Edd and Matt because they lost a friend they cared for deeply (even with matts...odd brain) 

'The End' left a hole in so many peoples heart. That big red robot Tord made, without his friend knowing, caused bad damage. Hope and lives lost. And love. So much love.

Tom sighs coming out of his thoughts. After a moment more of looking out towards the sunset, he stood up and stretched. Satisfied, he walked towards his closet, opening it up and grabbing the black box set under a pile of clothes he never wears.

The black box holds a bunch of the letters sent to him.

Tom placed the most recent letter on top and sat for a moment, his backside resisting on his heels as he stares longingly at the letters in the box.

Yes, Tom hates the man at the moment. He caused Tom the most pain out of anyone, he betrayed him. And that's not forgive-able easily. But it's hard to forget all the memories they had together.

Sighing again for the 100th time that evening, he closed the box and hid it again.

Two soft knocks came from his door.

"Tom, I made dinner."

Tom looks towards the closed door from his closet door. Then slowly but surely made his way to the door. Once there, he smoothed out his messy hair from the wind and wiped his eyes of any pesky tears that may have escaped his unusual black eyes. Opening it he was met with the sadly smiling face of his lifetime best friend, Edd.

"Another one?" Edd asked with a pitying look in his eyes.

Though it wasn't Edds fault for worrying about his friend, Tom still frowned and nodded.

"Oh Tom, I knows it's still hard for you but it's been 5 years. I can't imagine your pain but come on, cheer up buddy" Edd smiles trying to lighten up Toms mood.

As much as Tom wanted to say 'exactly you have no idea what's it's like, you have Matt! How am I meant to cheer up when the love of my life left and took my heart with him!?'  he swallowed it down easily. Instead, he looked up at Edd and smiled slightly. Edds objectives appreciated.

"So dinner? I made lasagna" with that Edd turned and slowly made his way down the hall. Tom, after a fraction of a seconds hesitation, decided to follow. His tummy making his hunger apparent by grumbling loudly.

As Tom sat down across from Matt, who was already eating up his food like a child, despite being 25 years old, a plate was slid to him. Looking to his left he nodded in thanks.

"Matt! What have I told you about table manners. Goodness look at your face, it's like I'm married to a child!"

Oh yeah forgot to mention Edd and Matt were married. After a very long, awkward conversion with Matt, Edd finally confessed his feelings toward said ginger. After 3 years they decided to take their relationship to the next level. A relaxing day on the beach turned into a memorable day for all men, including Tom who witnessed the event of the proposal.

"Tom?" 

Tom, yet again realising he spaced out, looked to where Edd was using a kitchen roll piece to wipe the mess off the residue of Lasagna on Matts face. Realising Edd had asked him a question while he spaced out.

"Sorry, what did you say?"
Tom quietly asked. It's rare for Tom to speak, perks of heartbreak.

"Since you haven't been out in a few weeks, we were wondering if you'd like to come shopping tomorrow with us?" Edd asked hopefully. Honestly it's endearing knowing Edd is trying. It's because of this reason Tom just can't say no.

5 years can change someone a lot. Though Tom used to be a self centred asshole, that seemed to have left him with Tord and he because a somewhat nicer person. Especially to his friends. It was the least he could do.

"Uh, sure" Tom finally replied, giving Edd and Matt a tight lipped smile.

That seemed to have lifted Edds spiriting. He smiled brightly and went back to fussing over his husband.

Tom just went to eating his food, oblivious to the life changing events that will occurs tomorrow.

———————————————

So this is my first ever FanFiction story, I wanted to do an Eddsworld one as I love the fandom.
I doubt this story will get many views but I hope you enjoy it if you do. if you have any feedback or any of that jazz, don't hesitate to say something.
Thanks for reading!
-LunaK