-13-

"So we have word that the recruits in England are all set at a new base that's further north the nearest city is Nottingham."

A meeting was currently being held with the leaders of the base. The leader of communications was a man called Alexander, he had previously been in contact with Adam from the English base.

It had been 2 weeks since they managed to save Tom and bring him back. Toms recovery was doing well. The first few days Tord  forced Tom to stay in bed with him being watched at all times. Now he was up out of bed with Sargent Daniels being with him most of the time.

Hunter was also saved and though he wasn't in as much of a bad state as Tom was, it took him longer to recover. Being as vulnerable as he was. Pat and Paul fussed over him when they saw him, with Pat refusing to leave his side until he woke. It was weird, the men almost treated Hunter like their own son.

"They have settled in well and have built the extensions and necessities needed. Including a new training range and sleeping sections." Alexander rambled on.

"Us that had to come over to Norway will be going back to England. Pat, Paul you can fly us there so start getting ready. The meeting is dismissed."

Tord stood as well as everyone else, bowed and walked out beckoning to Tom to follow him.

"We're leaving ASAP. So I suggest you pack the things you gathered over that past couple of weeks."

A thought then occurred to Tom, seeing as how they had moved to a new base In England, did they pack everything from Toms room?

"Did...did they pack everything from my room back at the other base?" Tom asked as he wring his hands together. He needed to know if they packed the box containing his letters.

"I suppose so. Is there something you needed urgently?" Tord raised an eyebrow and stopped. Tom stopped as well with Sargent Daniels just behind him.

"Besides my important belongings, no." Tom had always been a good liar. It's how he's survived.

"Okay then..." Tord carried walking, not without putting an arm around Toms shoulders and guiding him; he didn't protest.

Once they had everything needed they made their way to the Helicopter they flew in on.

With Paul and pat driving with Sargent Daniels sitting up front, Tom sat in between Tord and Hunter. The latter was leaning against Toms shoulder, the two having become close during what happened. Tord noticed this and when he was jealous he made sure everyone knew.

"Pat, Paul keep a leash on the boy." Tord glared around Tom at Hunter who instantly lifted his head and shrunk back into his seat.

"Ugh stop being an ass." Tom hit Tord around the back of the head and scooted closer to Hunter; lifting the boys head and resting it on his shoulder again. Hunter a small smile to Tord one that screamed 'Ha you fool! I won' but In a more timid way. Red Leader was intimidating after all.

"Hmph." Tord huffed our and crossed him arms, looking out the helicopters window.

Tom chuckled at his childishness and grabbed one of Tords hands crossed over his chest. "Don't be a baby." Although Tord still had a grumpy look on his face, he felt humbled to have a hold of Toms hand.

The journey was pretty silent. No one really feeling the need to start conversations. Though now and again someone would say something.

Tom and Hunter had long fallen asleep leaning against each other, with Tord just staring at his secretary.

"We're about to land, sir."

Tord nodded from where he sat and nudged Tom to wake him up.

"We're here, love. It's time to wake." Tom did just that and leaned across Hunter to look out of the window. Waking the boy up in the process.

The helicopter landed in the courtyard area of the base as they were greeted by the leaders of the base. Some soldiers cheering as Tord noticed they were new, having not seeing them before. By the looks of it, they looked really excited to finally get a glimpse at him.

"Welcome back, sir. Tom." Adam smiled and helped Tom step out; Tord already being out.

"Thank you Adam. We have a lot of work to do."

"Oh yes of course. Tyler could you show Red Leader and Tom to their sections." Said boy blushed at Adam using his name. Tom smirked at Tyler. Now there must be something going on with them two. He didn't think of it anymore as they were lead to their section.

"This is your room Red Leader." Tyler had led them to a room that looked exactly like the ones he usually stays in.

"Awesome. Thank you Tyler." Tord walked into his room and stood by the bed. "Tom will you be accompanying me at night?"

In other words will Tom be sharing a room with Tord. Honestly, he kind of expected to. The extra warmth at night was nice and he didn't really want to leave that. He voiced this and Tyler lead Tom to his room to grab his belongings. Once there Tyler left him to do just that.

Quickly opening the box on his the bed he was greeted with another black box and he sighed in relief. He opened it up and looked at the crumpled pieces of paper. Someone clearing their voice behind him made him gasp.

Tord stood by the door with a raised eyebrow "so this was the important thing you wanted." Tord stalked closer as Tom, albeit poorly, tried to hide the box. "What are they?"

Knowing he was defeated, Tom let Tord take the box off him and searched through it. He was more than embarrassed and a blush spread across his cheeks.

"You kept these?" Tord whispered as he looked through each one. Tom nodded and looked at his folded hands in his lap. "why?"

Tord wasn't offended or anything, he was just surprised and shocked.

"They kept me going. After everything you did to us, one would've expected me to burn the letters every time I got one from you. But In all honesty, I couldn't. I loved you, heck I still love you and knowing you were out there and promising to see me again, I wanted to read that everyday and remind myself of that. It was too much for me to write you back but for some stupid reason, I couldn't bring myself to let go of the fact you were thinking of me still." After that long declaration, Tom took a shaky breath. He hated being reminded of them hard times.

He was suddenly engulfed in a hug and he instantly hugged back a few tears slipping out from under his goggles. When Tord pulled back, he stuck his hand in his pocket and took out three pieces of neatly folded paper. "I wrote these when you were taken. I'll let you read them alone."

Tord left the room while Tom sat and unfolded the first letter. 

He began to read.