-14-

After reading the letters Tord had wrote, he was vaguely aware of the tears that wouldn't stop falling from beneath his glasses.

He knew Tord loved him, but didn't know he needed him that much. These thoughts had been running through his head for god only knows how long. 1 hour? 2 hours?

After getting himself together Tom, unnecessarily delicately, placed the letters Tord had given him into the box with the others. Then he sat on the bed and just  stared at the opposite wall. He knew he wasn't going to be spending any time in his room as he already told Tord he was going to stay with him at nights.

A knock at the door caught his attention. Expecting it to be Tord he told them to enter but was surprised to see Hunter.

"Hey Tom, I've been looking for you." Said boy sat on the bed next to Tom, he didn't really have a reason to see Tom. "You seem upset what's up?"

"Oh nothing Hunter. Really I'm okay."

Hunter looked at Tom with a disbelieving look. "Yeah and I invented the fuckin light bulb. C'mon Tom, even I can tell you're not okay. Was it T!? I'll kick his ass."

"T?"

"Tord."

Tom chuckled and nodded his head "but it wasn't because he hurt me so as funny as it would be to see you kick his ass, there's no need."

"Shame. So what's up?"

"Stupid love stuff that won't interest you."

Hunter looked at Tom for a second before looking away and putting a finger to his chin in thought.

"He really really loves you, doesn't he?"

"Yeah. But I'm conflicted..."

"What do you like someone else, is it me?" Hunter looked Tom with a dazzled face. To which he chuckled and shook his head.

"You wish Hunter. But I don't want something to happen again and I be separated from him. I don't know if it's a good idea to just let him back into my heart when anything could happen."

"Well it might a risk but isn't every relationship. Either way things are going to happen and whether you don't get with him again or not, you will always have a part of you that's going to be worried about being separated. So
As much as it pains me to say it, just go for it. I've never seen anyone look at another the way T looks at you."

Tom looked on in awe, "as much as it pains you?"

"Uh...heh...I may have had a little crush on you...." Hunter looked at Tom. "But yeah obviously T holds your heart so I'll only tease him." Hunter winked at Tom. Which the man reached over and hugged him.

"Thank you Hunter you truly are a good soldier."

"It's no problem Tom" Hunter smiled and hugged back. Just as Hunter was about to leave, Tom stopped him with a 'wait'. "Yes?"

"I have a question to ask you that's been on my mind for a while." The boy just looked expectedly at Tom to voice his thoughts "well I'm wondering why you're here at this Army that is."

"Uh well..." Hunter sat back down next to Tom and continued "I was on a camping trip with my family and my girlfriends family. We went hiking and I decided to stray away from the group to try and scare them but I ended up at this really heavily guarded building that was 'top secret'. I was trying to hide and sneak away but Pat, you know Pat?" When Tom nodded he carried on "I didn't know him at the time, but he told me that I couldn't leave now that I knew where the building was seeing as how it was a 'top secret' location. So yeah he took me in and they kept me in a holding cell. They and I mean T told me it was an army base. A very powerful one at that. So I had 2 options either become a loyal soldier in training as I'm only 17 and was only 15 at the time, or I basically be killed. Obviously I chose the first option. And then we're here."

"So you left your family behind?" Tom asked.

"I had no choice. I was able to write a letter telling them they would never see me again and to just live their lives. It was hard but had to be done. Pat and Paul helped me through it and I can't thank them enough. Though in a few months it's going to be my 18th birthday and they are going to send me to the front lines in America. Unless of course, they already claim that area then I'll be put somewhere else."

"Oh. So you won't be here long." Hunter shook his head "that's a shame, I won't have anyone to annoy Tord with."

Both Tom and Hunter snickered at that.

"What's with the snickering wi-" Tord walked in and narrowed his eye at Hunter. "Hunter"

"Sorry, sir. I'll be going now." He kisses Tom on the cheek for added affect and walked out the room "I'll see you later Tommy." He smirked at Tords annoyed face and went off to find Pat and Paul. No doubt they're together at the moment.

Tord walked in and sat next to him "I don't trust him"

"Oh shut up." And with that Tom put a hand behind Tords neck and brought the commie in for a sweet kiss on the lips.

It was breaking but left Tord speechless when they parted.

Resting his head on Tords shoulder, he could hear his heartbeat in the silence. The heart that belonged to him.

—————————————————
Thanks for readingggg.

I'm writing another EW fanfic it's called Stableboy Tom and the title is quite explanatory. So if you like the idea of Tord being a Prince and falling in love with Tom the stableboy, then this is the book for you.

(Okay that was incredibly cheesy.)

Anyway thanks again.

-LunaK