Chapter 25

I walked into my house, my auntie and mother turning to look at me from the table. "Hey, how was your trip?". Auntie Nemuri asks. "It was...great". I answer, my cheeks turning pink. "Oh, is that a blush I see?". She asks in a giggle. "Ah, yeah...". I admit. 

I drop my bags at the door and walk over to them, sitting down with them. "So, what happened at camp to make you so blushy-bushy?". Nemuri asks, resting her chin in her palm. "Well, I kinda sorta totally have a boyfriend now, but it's no big deal". I answer, waving her off.

"A BOYFRIEND!?!?". They both question at the same time, standing up in shock. I turn my gaze away from them, my cheeks turning red. "What's his name?". "Is he in your class?". "Do we know him?". "Is he cute?". "Is he your age?". They keep asking questions.

"His name is Katsuki Bakugou. He is in my class. I don't know. Yes, his is cute. And he's 16". I answer all their questions. "Oh, the Bakugous boy". Nemuri says, knowingly. "He's such a loud and aggressive boy. Did he force you into the relationsip?". She asks.

"No, not at all. Sure, he's the one that confessed in a way, but I like him too so it's love from both sides". I explain. "Also, when I was over his house I watches the relationship between him and his mother, and it got me thinking". I say, looking down at my lap.

"About?". Auntie Nemuri asks. I look up, my gaze meeting my mothers. "My own relationship with my mother. Even if they but heads, it's still obvious they care about one another. And I want a good relationship with mother, I just don't know how". I explain.

She smiles brightly, a sparkle shining in her eyes. "Don't worry, I'd be happy to build a good relationship with you". She tells me, putting her hand on my shoulder. "Like how?". I ask, tilting my head to the side slightly.

"I have a shift tonight, you two can stay here and watch movies from our childhood". Auntie Nemuri suggests, my mother nodding in agreement. "Sure, sound fun!". I agree, nodding my head with enthusiasm.

Time Skip

"See you two tomorrow!". Auntie Nemuri says, then leaves. I turn to my mother, sitting next to me. "So, what movie should we watch first?". I ask her. She chuckles and stands up. "This movie was your grandfather favourite, and it scared the shit out of your aunt". She tells me.

"Which is?". I ask. "An American film called Jaws. You grandmother hated it, so I doubt you've ever seen it". She answers. "Nope, I haven't". I tell her, shaking my head. "Great!". She cheers, putting it on then sitting down next to me.

"You know, when your aunt and I first saw this, it was at a drive in theater. She was afraid to go anywhere hear water". She giggles. "Really? But it's just a movie". I respond. "That's what our parents told us, but she was so stubborn". She says.

This. This is healthy. I'm having a good time with my mother. Laughing, talking, watching a movie. This is a great start to building a good relationship with my mother. Maybe I should stop calling her mother. Just mum? Yeah, just mum.