Chapter 31

"So, how was your city date in the city?". Mum asks me. Yet again, we're chatting at her work. I feel like this will become a normal thing. "I was right, it's was totally a bad idea!". I tell her, resting my head in my hands. "I need a soda". I grumble.

Mum puts a soda in front of me. "Thank you". I thank her. "Was it really that bad?". She asks. "He was anxious as soon at we got there. As soon as we got there, we left 20 minutes later". I explain, then taking a huge chug out my soda.

"Geez, don't drink that too fast! You'll get sick!". Mum tells me in a quick panic. "I'm just...really stressed! What if what happened yesterday ruins our relationship?". I ask her. "(Y/n), you're being over dramatic". She tells me.

I groan, slamming my head on the bar table. "Hey mum". I call. "Yes, sweetie?". She asks. "How did you meet dad?". I ask her, looking up at her. She shoulders straighten, slowly turning to me. "Well, that's a non romantic story". She tells me. "Do tell". I respond.

"It was back when I lived in the city, I was still 18 at the time. I went through a break up after 5 years, and I was heartbroken. So I went to a bar late one night and met your dad. It was a one night stand, and I ran off to the country once I found out I was pregnant". She tells me.

I was baffled. Excuse me, mother? "Wha-a-a-a I didn't know that! Holy shit!". Is all I can muster out, pure shock. "Are you mad?". Mum asks. "No! I'm just shocked, is all". I tell her. "Really? That's...surprising". She says, shrugging and going back to work.

So I was made from a one night stand? When mum was 18? Well, everyone has their own story. And that's part of mine. "I guess that makes me more interesting! And I'm totally interesting! A city girl moved to the country side, cool!". I respond, not knowing if mum is listening.

"You're right! And I hope your future makes you even more interesting". She responds back. She turns to look at the wall clock, then back at me. "It's getting late, young lady. Start heading home before it gets too dark". She tells me, pointing to the door.

"Alright, alright! What time will you be home?". I ask her, climbing off the bar stool. "10 at the latest". She answers. "Now, home!". She says. "Okay! See ya'!". I bid her good bye, running home. She's right, it is getting pretty dark.

I get home, walking straight to my room. "Auntie Nemuri! You home?!". I call out. "In the shower!". I hear her respond. I get to my room and change out of my school uniform. I hear a scratching at the house outside my window.

I open the window and look outside, seeing a wolf Katsuki. "Katsu! What're you doing here!?". I question. He doesn't turn into a human, just stays a wolf. "Turn into a human, damn it!". I snap. He points towards the sky, I look up to see that it's a full moon. Seriously!?

"AH!". Katsuki jumps into my room, sniffing around the place. "Katsu! Get out!". I snap at him, pointing towards the window. "(Y/n)! Are you okay?!". I hear Auntie Nemuri. "Uh, yeah!". I respond. "There's noise in your room! I'm coming in!". SERIOUSLY?!