Chapter 13

It's finally night time! I've felt a little awkward around Bakugou after what happened earlier. An animal man? He's right, I am a dumbass. Dinner has passed, now everyone is inside the auditorium watching a random kids movie they put on.

I'm just sitting near the edge of the camp, staring out into the dimly lit woods. I never knew how pretty the woods could look at night. In all the movies, it's always scary and just means dead. It's much more nicer then being in a loud room.

It's silence reminds me of how quiet and beautiful the city can get. I smile softly to myself, I haven't really had any time to myself in quite a while, haven't I? The sound of the crickets can lullaby me to sleep if I let it.

"Oi!". I jump. I turn to see Bakugou standing a few feet away from me. "Why're you not with the others?". He asks, looking at me with sharp eyes. "I could ask you the same thing". I tell him in a faint giggle. "I ain't watchin' Frozen". He growls. I laugh at him.

"It's not like I hate the movie, I just want some time away from everyone". I give my own answer, doubt he'd care. "Overwhelmed, huh?". He asks, his voice softer then normal. It's best if I don't question it. "Yeah". I agree, hugging my legs closer to my chest.

He hums, sitting down where he was sitting. That feeling comes around again. The feeling of protection and safety. It must be Bakugou, no one or anything else. It's just the two of us, who else could it be? And we're in a different place, so there's nothing else it could be.

I giggle to myself, getting Bakugous attention. "What're you laughing at?". He questions. I look down at the ground, I can feel my cheeks heating up. "It's no-". He cuts me off. "Don't say "It's nothing", cause it always is something". He tells me.

This Bakugou is different. His voice is more quiet and gentle, unlike his normal rough and aggressive voice. "It's just that, ever since we met, I've had this feeling. A safe and protected feeling, and I never understood why". I admit, my heart beating faster.

He turns to me, his sharp eyes looking softer. "This isn't a confession of any kind!". I quickly add. "I mean, we haven't spent any time together to make me like you. I still like you! But as a friend! Not that I'm friend zoning! Wait! I don't know what I'm saying!". I cry, grabbing my head.

Bakugou chuckles at me, making my heart flutter. "I thought you where scared of me and put up with me". He admits. "At first I was only a little shook up. But now I see a more nicer side of you. It's different from the other side of you I know". I tell him.

"Which Bakugou do you like more? The mean side or the nice side?". He asks. This is so out of character for him, but this is my chance to have a conversation with him. But which side DO I like more? I don't know.

"I don't know. Your nice side is calmer and gentle, but boring. And your mean side is unpredictable and funner, but still only a little scary". I explain, keeping my gaze to the ground. "You have your pros and cons, just like everyone else". I add, turning to him.