Chapter 19 - Thank You

Calm and quiet, he appears to understand what I need right now. He doesn't speak, he doesn't cry, he just hugs me and sits there rubbing my back gently. Silently showing me his affection.

"Thank you." I barely whisper.

"There's nothing to thank me for." He simply replies.

I exhale, letting all my problems melt away for now, even if its only for a few minutes.

He releases me and asks, "Are you a bit calmer now?"

I nod as a reply.

"Good, I won't ask you anymore tonight ok? Thank you for telling me what you have." The corners of his mouth twitch up as he displays his beautiful, white teeth.

I smile back at him, showing my gratitude for all he has done for me.
My head throbs from the tears, so Jungkook considerately fetches me a pain killer and a glass of water to wash it down with.

"Better?" He questions.

"Yes, thank you." I remember that I keep saying 'thank you' because he does so much for me but I haven't done anything for him... I don't know much about him.

"Jungkook?"

He hums.

"What about you? When I think about it I feel like I barely know you." I state.

"All in good time." He speaks.

Despite questioning the fairness of his answer I accept it, understanding that he probably has dark secrets of his own. I just hope one day he will feel close enough to me and like he can trust me enough to talk to me about his problems.

[...]

We cuddle up on the couch in our previous position. Its a cold winter night so we are generating more body heat this way which is why we are like this, is what I'm telling myself.

Nothing very good is on so eventually we come to the conclusion we are just going to go to bed.

[...]

I try to hide my face from Jungkook and it doesn't go unnoticed.

"Why are you hiding your face?" He tries to pull my hands away from my face.

"My eyes are all red and swollen from crying earlier." I coo, embarrassed at my current state.

He pries my hands away from my head, unveiling my sore face.

"Your beautiful, no matter what situation." My stomach flips and my heart flutters. I welcome his bunny teeth by smiling slightly, pretending the comment didn't affect me at all.

He playfully rolls his eyes, "come on its getting late, and please remember that you can wake me up at anytime, even if its just because you're bored and cant sleep." I nod as he softly smiles before turning the lights off.

I lie here, eager to fall asleep. I feel Jungkook's weight shift beside me, followed by an arm locking around my waist. Jungkook's body presses on the back of mine. I shiver as he Whispers in my ear, "Goodnight y/n." Gently planting a kiss on my cheek, I soon feel his body go limp with his arm still protectively around me, signalling he has fallen asleep.

Contently, I relax and focus on the slow movement of his toned chest, rising and falling, accompanied by the consistent sound of his light breaths.

Then, it hits me. He kissed me?!

I know we have kissed before but that was just because we were in a room and it was a dare, right?!

Baffled, my mind swirls with logical answers. I over think things, A LOT!!

Brain going into overload, I feel my eyelids becoming heavy as my vision blurs. Before I know it, I'm asleep in Jungkook's arms once again.

[...]

Awoken by a harsh movement, I hesitantly open my eyes. Sighing with relief, when my senses come back to me and I process where I am - Jungkook's room.

"You ok? It's only me." I am greeted by Jungkook's one of a kind smile. I wish I could wake up like this everyday.

"Yeah, sorry. I am just scared whenever I wake up because of past experiences with my dad."

His happy expression drops slightly, "Don't be sorry, it's ok. I'm gonna help you get over this." The glow returns to his face.

I force a grin, knowing that is very unlikely.

[...]

I take a shower and then get changed whilst Jungkook is downstairs. Once I'm finished he comes back up and takes a shower.

Unfortunately, I am unaware how fast Jungkook is at taking showers, therefore, I am still in the room when he comes out of the bathroom with only a towel around his waist!!

Instantly, I feel the blood rush to my cheeks and I turn away.

I feel awkward don't get me wrong, BUT, he has a really good body so...

Stop y/n!

Whilst I am fully embarrassed, I detect a 100% confident voice from behind me, "Dont be shy, I don't mind." I can hear him smirking.

It must be nice being confident in your body...

Cautiously, I pivot so I am facing him again - he's just completing getting changed.

"Why are you embarrassed?" He chimes with a cheeky grin plastered from one side of his perfect face to the other.

"I don't know..." I quietly whisper, "Oh yeah, how was I last night?" My curiosity gets the best of me.

He looks puzzled until he catches on, "With your insomnia? Umm.. Yeah, you were fine."

I find myself unable to believe him; that's the second time I have slept with him and I didn't do anything?

"Are you sure? It's so unusual of me." I double check.

"Well... I didn't lie... This time." Confusion washes over me, "Basically, last time you did have a nightmare and started panicking so I tried to comfort you."

"Really?!" I Bury my head in my hands, ashamed and embarrassed.

My hands are removed from my face by two manly palms who appear to be so cautious with me. My eyes lock with his, I feel like a precious jewel in his gaze.

"Sorry." I whisper, "for having to deal with me the other night."

He softly smiles, "Don't be sorry, I love protecting you. I always will." His voice soothes me but he doesn't realise to what extent I wish that sentence was reality.

That thought makes my insides break and I feel the agony from every tiny crack.

Reluctantly I break the contact.

He gently places his hand under my chin and lifts my head as the eye contact resumes, "I'm serious, I always want to be here for you and protect you."

My heart skips a beat and my breathing becomes uneven, "Thank you, Jungkook." I sincerely say, keeping my emotions under control as much as possible.

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorryyy!! It's been WAY TOO LONG since I last posted.

Things have been really hectic in my life recently but that's no excuse. I will try to be more active. I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Please understand!
Thank you - Bangtanxxo