Chapter 15 - Sleeping

Making both me and Jungkook jump, his phone starts ringing.

"Hey, can you pick it up for me?" He asks.

I answer by picking up his phone and answering it, I already checked who it was - Taehyung - so I know its safe to talk.

"Hello," I utter.

"Y/n, is Jungkook there?" Relief overwhelms me when I hear Tae's voice.

"Yes he is, he can't answer right now though." I speak a bit louder.

"Oh ok, can you put it on speaker?"

"Of course."

I put the phone and speaker and hold it more inbetween me and Jungkook so he can hear as well.

"Hey, Jungkook. Where we going?" Tae inquisits.

"I'm not sure, where do you want to go?" Jungkook replies.

"I don't know, but we've been driving for a good 2 hours so nowhere too far away."

Has it really been 2 hours already? It's only felt like 15 mins.

"Woah, it's been 2 hours? I didn't even notice." Jungkook exclaims, just as shocked as me.

"Oooo, are you and y/n having a good time then??" I can imagine Tae expressing his perverted face whilst saying this.

"Yah! Stop!" Jungkook tries to hide his amusement.

"What? Have you never heard the phrase 'Time flies when you're having fun'?" Tae tries to sound all innocent.

My mind goes somewhere else for a few seconds.

Shit, my dad's coming home today and I need to be there.

"Jungkook?" I feel bad for intruding in the middle of their conversation but I'd rather not get killed by my dad.

"Yes?" he waits for me to continue.

"Ermm.. My dad.. I need to go home."

His expression changes, morphing from a playful one to a concerned one.

Clueless Tae says, "What's going on? Why do you need to go home y/n?"

Blantantly ignoring him Jungkook questions me, "Why? Are you going to be alright?" Worry is prominent in his tone.

"Y/n, I'm sure your dad will let you stay out with us." No Taehyung, no he won't.

"I'll be fine, but I need to be home on time."

"Guys what's happening?" Namjoon's voice appears.

I give Jungkook the best reassuring smile I'm capable of right now, assuring him I'm gonna be safe and fine, but I know I'm not.

"Sorry guys, I've got to drop y/n home, I'm gonna stay with her for a bit so I won't be coming with you either. Suga, you can come pick your car up from mine tomorrow." His piercing eyes don't leave mine as he talks. The fun aura has left and now he is serious.

I await the stupid Joke from one of the boys but it doesn't arrive. They can obviously hear the seriousness of the situation.

Yoongi is the only one to speak," Yeah, that's fine. We'll see you both tomorrow."

With that they hang up on their end of the line, leaving an anticipating me and Jungkook.

"You don't have to cone with me you know? You can go out with them" Guilt swamps me, knowing I am holding him back.

"No, it's fine. I want to be here for you." After saying this, he swerves the expensive car, and begins heading towards my house.

I still can't fathom how Yoongi afforded this car and others.