While Grandpa embraces Cypher, something bright and dear forms between them, something I've seen when Edith was old enough to start forming memories for the ones who love and care for her. It hits home harder than I expect, and tears form in my eyes, glancing away while Rose walks with her two wolves on either side of her toward Grandpa.

She kneels next to Grandpa, touching Cypher's shoulder and drawing his attention for a moment to say, "I'm so sorry for what I said...you are welcome here," she glances to Grandpa and smiles, "always and forever."

Grandpa Sebby and Marc's wolves proceed to accept Cypher as theirs as well, the bonding moment something I'll never forget. I hardly pay much attention when Dante comes to a halt beside me and says, "You've tested their bonds."

I offer him a sideways glance and reply, "If they can't accept a half-blooded child that only belongs to one of their mates...there is no way they can take on the trials ahead."

"Was this intentional?" Dante asks with curiosity.

A light chuckle leaves my lips as I see the way a new bond forms for the four...along with their first child. I don't know what the future holds or what actions taken will affect the outcome in my era, because I haven't seen a future that mother has...she told me she saw a different one, but nothing more...for we don't yearn for something we aren't living.

"No," I shrug my shoulders and smile, "though I can't say I'm not pleased with the outcome."

Dante chuckles and nods, turning to me and saying, "You were right."

"About?" I offer him my full attention this time, walking with him as he nods toward the patio.

"Cormac offered insight...with the knowledge he has, I was able to put two and two together regarding Richard's death," Dante's words cause my heart to skip a beat, wondering what his plans are now that he knows. He nods and says, "I already figured there was something off with the way Laisha decided to pair up with Aohdan as a choice beloved as she was Richard's...yet..." as his voice trails off, I can't help but think the worst, "...Aohdan never marked Laisha. I've never seen a-"

"Perhaps it is a similar situation like Cormac and Abigail?" I ask while diverting him away from the knowledge that Rochelle is Aohdan's beloved...I don't know if that information is safe out in the open. Raising my brows, I add, "A companion?"

Dante tilts his head from side to side a few times and nods, "Perhaps." He shoots me a look and smirks, "Though, Laisha won't have any unannounced children popping up," he can't help but chuckle at his statement...yet I know the truth from Grandpa...that is the exact reason she felt threatened and wanted to eliminate Trinity.

"No?" I ask, feigning ignorance.

"She's infertile," Dante states flatly. The gears begin to turn behind his eyes, like a lightbulb turning on...he's figured it out, I hope. By the look on his face and the quick, "Excuse me," before walking away and heading in the doors from the patio to the estate, I assume he's fitting the last pieces into the puzzle.

Shaking my head as I stare off, I hear giggling and laughter coming from where Cypher is being received with open arms. One does pull away from the group though, Grandpa taking even strides toward me. After being here, I can't help the anxiety that rises for a second when his eyes meet with mine, though it is whisked away a second later when he says, "Thank you, little sparrow."

A smile on my lips, I tilt my head to the side and ask, "You're not mad at me?"

"No," he shakes his head, "you showed mercy and gave a child the chance to live a successful life. I was wrong for being quick to judge him alongside Mercury," Grandpa pauses and nods, "your judgment is uncanny."

"Awe...thanks," I see how proud he is of me in his eyes, yet I'm quick to ask, "Uncle Kev?"

Grandpa nods and replies, "Doing well with his child," Grandpa winks at me, showing me that I no longer have a tie or responsibility. There is a part of me that feels completely and utterly horrible for not being able to preside as this child's mother...but I have to remind myself that I might not exist the way I am now when everything is said and done.

This gives me reassurance.

"What's next?" I ask, understanding that it is only the beginning of the year.

Grandpa releases a small sigh and says, "Nothing...until the winter solstice."

I'm going to go insane from boredom.

"Does Rose have to wait til-"

"A display during the most recognizable time of the year is the call everyone needs to see how powerful she is," Grandpa takes away my hope of speeding up the process, finishing with, "taking out the council in their own customs and game is what drew out the rest of the species that hideaway...we can't risk anything that could jeopardize that."

"I understand," I nod, knowing full well that what I've already changed with Grandpa and Tresor will have a lasting effect and that Lars will no longer be a threat to my mother. He is guided by his uncle to the end now; hopefully, this will be enough to keep him in his place instead of taking Tresor's vision without the plan already set.

Grandpa tilts his head to the side and asks, "You need a rest?"

"Yeah..." my voice trails off, calming myself as I realize how much time will need to pass. Furrowing my brows, I ask, "Rose's due date?"

"Late spring to early summer," Grandpa informs me and continues, "it just depends on the pregnancy."

"So-" I cut myself short as this is not a conversation to have in the open with many ears listening.

What about my mother?

Your mother was conceived after the winter solstice...I have plenty of time to-

I shut him out and clasp my hands over my ears, walking away and saying, "Lalala...not listening."

Grandpa Sebby asks Grandpa, "What's that about?" Though I know he'll never tell and I walk toward the patio, stepping on the stones as I move past the doors and into the estate. Shaking my head, I allow my arms to fall down to my sides, heading up toward the room I selected for pretty much the year.

Releasing a sigh, I mutter, "I have nothing to do..." resting my hand on the door handle as I reach my room, I sigh, "...except waste time."

Opening the door and stepping inside, I close the door and lock it behind me. Taking a few steps forward, I glance around the room, the bed looking rather comfy after traveling back with Cypher. The air shifts around me, though I feel his presence directly behind me, his touch light as his hands grasp the tops of my shoulders.

Tresor's voice is carried on a whisper, yet firm as he muses, "I know how to waste some of your time."

⊰♥⊱To Be Continued⊰♥⊱