"I know," she shrugged, smiling genuinely for what felt like the first time in weeks. Out of nowhere, a thought arrived on the top of her mind. "Uh, Sweet Pea?"

"Yeah?" he replied, lathering shampoo into his black hair.

"We... didn't use protection."

"Do we ever?"

"Well, no," she muttered. "Don't you think maybe, it's a little irresponsible?"

He opened his eyes, wiping the water off of his face with a frown. "Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah," she answered without any hesitation, realising she'd said it before her brain had a chance to process the question. She hadn't been feeling fine at all. "I'm fine."

"Then what is there to worry about?"

"You're right," she sighed. "I'm just being paranoid."

"Come here," he told her, kissing her before a mischievous smirk appeared on his face, and he wiped a handful of conditioner on her face. 

"Screw you!" she hollered, picking up the shampoo bottle and squirting it at him. "We are so late."

When they finally made it to school, the first period had already finished, and Sweet Pea saw Lauryn off to her classroom before finding Fangs in the hallway, shaking his head at his best friend with his arms folded.

"Dare I ask why you and my sister only just got here?"

"No," Sweet Pea replied bluntly as they began making their way to the yard outside to skip their lecture and have a smoke. "Better not."

"Yikes," Fangs cringed, offering Sweet Pea a cigarette which he declined as he had his own. "Want me to pack up all her stuff and bring it to yours?"

Sweet Pea scrunched his face up, drawing his cigarette to his lips to light it. "What?"

"I was kidding," Fangs clarified, noting that his best friend had somewhat missed the joke. "She's been home like once this week, though." 

"Yeah, we've been spending a lot of time together."

"I'm gonna risk it and ask even though I somewhat know the answer just by the way you brushed me off," Fangs decided, mentally preparing himself. "Why were you guys so late this morning?"

"Shampoo fight," Sweet Pea answered, smirking as he took another puff of smoke.

"Oh," Fangs raised his brow, definitely not wanting to know any more. "So, we still on for Andrews' place tonight?"

"Hell, yeah," Sweet Pea nodded eagerly. "It pissed me off seein' Lauryn in that state last night, all because of him. The Southside is our home, and that asshole isn't gonna think he got away with it for much longer."

"Are we just going to attack him?"

Sweet Pea shrugged. "Depends if I'm in the mood for a conversation or not. If he's smart, he'll have the whole team of Bulldogs as his bodyguards. In that case, it'll be more fun for us."

"But wouldn't that be a bad thing?" Fangs asked, and he knew that by saying that it showed that he held a bit of uneasiness about the evening's events.

"Only for their pretty boy faces. More noses to punch," Sweet Pea said.

"This seems like a fun idea, but what about his gun? We're Serpents, we can't afford firearms," Fangs folded his arms, and Sweet Pea gave his best friend a rough pat on the back, sensing the jitters.