Fifty-Four | Benny Lafitte

Benny Lafitte

You and Benny finally reached the stream of Purgatory and you didn't waste more time, dropped down your weapons next to Benny's foot and ran towards the water, then you squatted down and washed your arms, neck and face

You and Benny finally reached the stream of Purgatory and you didn't waste more time, dropped down your weapons next to Benny's foot and ran towards the water, then you squatted down and washed your arms, neck and face. It's been weeks since your skin touched with waterdrops, so it felt so good. Behind you, Benny was watching you, a mysterious smile crossed his pale face. He mirrored your movements and walked up next to you, then sat down to the ground full of pebbles. He was staring at you, and seeing you finally smile actually made him forget where he was. He always saw people as an enemy, just like he did with you until the moment he first looked into your fearful eyes. You were so desperate, scared, shocked while he was pressing half of his weight onto your wrists by holding then down to the floor, preventing your escape. After finishing your quick bath, you out your butt down, placing your arms onto your pulled-up knees. He didn't say anything, a comfortable silence fell upon you two. His only movement was that he turned up his hand, showing his palm to you. First, you gazed down to his hand, then put your palm on it, bending and intertwining your fingers. You moved closer to him, and placed your head onto his shoulder, tugging the top of your head in the crook of his neck.