Chapter 52

Michael

To be completely honest, I did beat the living hell out of Blake that night. After Madi and I went back to the apartment, and after she fell asleep, I went back and literally beat the hell out of him. Don't worry, he was awake.

Today, three days later, Madi still has no clue. I'm happy, she's happy, we're happy.

"So, I talked to my mum last night." Madi says as we're sitting in our room on the bed.

"You did?" I ask surprised. Madi hasn't talked to her mum in over a year. Its a shock.

"Yes. She said she misses me and wants me home. I told her I'm not coming back."

"Madi, she misses you. Your whole family does."

"My mum doesn't miss me. She didn't care for, or about, me after dad died. In fact, she blamed it on me. She said I was the reason. You were there, Michael. You remember."

"I do, sadly." I remember that day like it was yesterday.

*Flashback*

Madi had just told me the awful news about her father. I'd been sleeping upstairs with her until he got better, like I promised.

"He's gone..He's gone." Was all Madi could say.

"What-what do you mean?"  I quickly get out of bed and walk to her.

"Dad..he-he..gone." Madi cried in my arms as the words came out. In that moment I knew it wasn't a dream. It was reality.

*

"Madison, you should be ashamed. It's your fault he's gone. If you would've kept them boys away, he would still be here." Her mum, Sam, says.

"Mum, it's not my fault! I'm only fourteen! I've been with dad every since he's been sick! It's your fault for not getting him thw right medical care he needed!" Madi was crying through yells. "You killed him."

I hold tightly onto Madi. Blake is nowhere to be found.

"You killed him. Now, straighten up before you kill me, too." Sam smacks Madi harder than needed across the face

"What was that for, Samantha? She didn't do anything." I say as I examine Madi's face. Her left cheek has a huge red mark on it. I quickly grab ice from the freezer, shove it onto a rag, and apply it to her face.

"Thank you, Michael." Madi said faintly.

I can't take my eyes off her. She's absolutely gorgeous. Even while crying. I want so bad to kiss her lips. I, instead, kiss her other cheek.

"It's my job. I promised." I promised her dad I'd always take care of her, no matter what.

"Madison, look at the mess you've made! Making your dad die, and now having this loser care for you." Sam scoffs, "Go to hell."

I so badly wanted to take Madi with me and run away. Forever. Far away.

*End Of. Flashback*

"I remember it like it was yesterday. I made a promise to your dad. One I always intend to keep." I run my fingers through her long blonde hair.

"What is that promise?"

"To always take care of you. That's why I always check up on you. I made a promise I can never break. I'm always gonna protect his princess. Forever and Always."

"My dad liked you. A lot. He'd always tell me if I didn't marry you, he'll never claim me again." Madi laughs at the memories she and her dad shared.

"He would call you his son-in-law. When you'd come over and go back home, he'd ask me all kinds of questions. I wish he were still here. I wish I could answer his questions all over again every day. He should be here telling me how bright I am for choosing you over Blake. He should be here telling me to marry you already. I wish I could talk to him, a full conversation, again." Madi cries. I begin to cry. I've always loved her dad. He was like a dad to me.

I rub her back as she turns to my chest.

"I know you do, baby. I know." I cry a little more. I've never understood the full reason she was depressed after that time. I think I do now.

"I miss him so much."

"I do, too."

"Do you think he'd be happy for me today?" Madi whispers against my chest.

"I know he'd be happy. You're his daughter."

"I didn't always do things he approved of. Like, dating Blake. I wish I never did."

"Well, you've got me now. I'm way better." I hold her tightly and close. I never want to let her go.

"Indeed, you are." Madi wraps an arm around my waist.

I could spend forever like this. I'd rather do this than be on tour. Madi is my life. She's my everything.

★★★

Two updates in a row, and man am I tired.

I hope you enjoyed this sad Madchael chapter. I cried..

I love you!♥

Vote, Comment, Share, Enjoy! :)