Chapter 4

The guys and I decide to leave the ice-cream shoppe before it gets too late.

"How long have you been with that Blake guy?" Luke asks.

"Like I said before, about six years." I grin a bit.

"Seriously? Have you guys-"

"Luke!" I cut him off, "That's none of your information. Maybe we have, maybe we haven't." I shrug.

"Michael, have they?"

"Uhm, I don't know. I could care less." Michael says with a disgusted look on his face.

"I don't tell him everything. Just, basic stuff." I kick a rock along the road while I walk.

I return home, and find Blake at my doorstep.

"Hey," I grin and sit beside him.

"Madi, I'm sorry. I don't want to argue anymore." Blake rests his right hand on my upper left thigh.

Feeling uncomfortable, I place his hand on my lower thigh, and say, "I don't want to either. We went a month without arguing, and it was quite decent. I know, we're still going to argue, but I don't want it to be over stupid stuff."

"Me neither. Do you forgive me?" He asks with pleading eyes.

"Yes," I say before giving him a small kiss. "I forgive you."

"Good." He smiles a smile I haven't seen in a while. And it brightens my mood.

"Come on, lets go inside." I stand up and unlock the door. When I push the door open, Blake falls back. I laugh and apologize.

"What happened in here?" Blake asks, examining the mess the band made.

"Yeah, you don't want to know." I begin cleaning it up, and rest on the sofa beside him.

"So, my mum said its about time I find my own place."

"You're nineteen, I agree. I moved when I was seventeen."

"I don't make enough money from my job to afford one, though."

"Get a new job. Bakeries never pay enough. I've been trying to tell you this since you first started the job. Maggie is cheap. I've worked there, and I quit because I wasn't making enough." I say, referring to Maggie's Bakery down in center town.

"Yeah, but, there is no place else. I've tried the bar, they said I'm 'too young.' I told them my age and everything."

"To be honest, you do look a bit young for your age." Blake looks sixteen instead of nineteen. "But, don't worry; apparently I do too." I say walking to the kitchen area.

I bring back two glasses of water, and a gallon of tea.

"Thirsty much?" Blake jokes.

"Yes, actually, I am. I have been wanting tea all day, and now I'm home and can have some." I sit on the sofa and place the drinks on the table.

"Why didn't you get one before you came home?" Blake asks, taking a glass of water.

"Because, it was too late, and I don't have much money." I say, pouring tea in my empty glass.

"Oh, okay."

Blake leaves around midnight, and I lock up for the night. Just as I'm about to walk to my room, I hear four knocks on my door.

I drag myself over to the door and open it

"May I help you?" I stubbornly ask.

"Yes, we'd like to crash here again." Ashton says smiling.

"Don't you have your own place?" I ask tying my hair up in a hair tie.

"Well, yes..but..."

"Fine." I move as they all cheerfully enter the room. "Just, don't leave my apartment a mess like you did today." I walk to my room and find Michael asleep in my bed.

"Aren't you going to lie down?" He asks scooting over.

"I would, but-"

"Madi, we're best friends. I'm not gonna rape you. We used to sleep in the same bed all the time when we were younger."

"I know. Let me get changed."

I grab the same sleeping clothes as last night and change in the bathroom.

I walk back in my room, and crawl in bed with Michael.

"Blake will kill us if he finds out." I say resting my head on his bare chest.

"Don't worry. He won't, I promise." Michael says playing with the loose ends of my hair. "Goodnight, Madi."

"Goodnight, Mikey." When the lights go off, we're fast asleep. Cuddled up with one another.