Chapter 6

I wake up at nine, and head to work. I only work a three hour shift today, Alex has the day off.

By nine thirty, I'm clocked in, and taking orders.

"Hi, what can I g-" I stop midsentence when I realize its Alex and his girlfriend.

"No, no. Continue." Alex jokes as he scans the menu.

"Alex, seriously." I laugh.

"Uhm, I'll have a banana smoothie with nuts." His girlfriend, Alexia, says with a smile.

"And for you?" I ask Alex

"Uhm...a banana smoothie without nuts." Alex says as I ring up their order.

"So, two banana Smoothies with nuts? Coming right up!" I say as I hand the ticket to Amanda.

"I hate you." Alex says as they take a seat. I just laugh and go right along with my day.

I finish another thirty orders, and my day is over.

"Thank God!" I say as I clock out. I really have nothing else to do today, but, hang around my apartment until Blake gets off work. Which will be at three.

I head to my apartment, expecting to be alone for the next three hours. But, to my surprise, the guys are here, and inside.

"Forreal?" I laugh closing the door.

"Hi, Madi!" They all greet me with a smile.

"Hi, guys. How did you get in?" I ask, sitting my keys on the counter and taking off my shoes.

"We found the key under the rock out front." Ashton says as he plops down beside me on the sofa.

"Let me guess, Michael?"

"Hey! Not everything has something to do with me!" Michael says as he walks from the kitchen to join us.

"Oh really?" I ask straightening up, "Then, what rock was it under?"

"The one by the door.." Michael says as he chomps on chips.

"I thought you had nothing to do with it?" I say.

"Not everything."

"Okay," I laugh as I slump back down on the sofa, just to get a huge whiff of Ashton's colonge.

It smells really good, but, not when you take a huge whiff of it.

I'll admit, before Michael became famous, I started to like him more than a friend. I just couldn't and wouldn't tell him.

"When is your tour with One Direction starting?" I ask as Michael sits on the other side of me

"Oh, Uhm, about that.." Calum says, "we canceled it."

"What? Why?" I ask surprised.

"Because, we had other offers, and we decided to take them instead." Luke says sitting in the computer chair.

"That's a good reason, but, you guys were looking forward to it. At least, Michael was."

"Yeah, well, we want to do something bigger."

"Like touring and being One Direction's opening act wasn't big. If it weren't for One Direction, you probably wouldn't be world wide right now." I say messing with my hair once again. Its a habit of mine.

"It was, but..you'd understand if you were famous."

"Oh, so that's how it is?" I say standing up and walking towards the door. "Get out," I joke opening it.

"Wh-what? You're kidding, right?" Michael says as he stands up.

"Nope. I'm sure not. Get out," I repeat.

"Madi, I'm sure Luke didn't mean it like that."

"Get out," I bite down on my bottom lip to keep from laughing or smiling.

"Fine. C'mon, guys." Michael says giving up and walking out the door.

Once they all walk out the door, I can't hold it back anymore, and start laughing.

"What's so funny?" Calum asks with a shrug.

"You'd understand if you were normal," I say laughing and closing the door.

"Madi!" They all bang on the door until I open it.

"Can I help you," I flip my hair behind my shoulder, giggling.

"Yes, you can. My friends and I would like to come inside for a bit." Ashton says with a grin.

"And why should I let you?" I ask, one hand on my hip, the other on the door.

"Because...Michael will kiss you!" Ashton pushes Michael towards me.

"What, no!" Mikey says with a head shake, "No offense, Madi, but I don't see her like that."

"Just do it. We'll get in faster."

"No, I can't. I won't." Michael refuses.

I can't help but laugh on the outside. But, on the inside, I'm dying. Butterflies are in my stomach, I've never actually thought about kissing Michael, and now I know why.

I don't know what I'll do if he goes through with it.

"Just do it!" They all nag behind him.

Giving up, Michael agrees. "Alright! Fine! But, I'm not going to enjoy it." He cups my face gently in his hands and his lips are inches away from mine.

"Michael, you don't have to." I smile once again.

"Yes, I do." He says closing the gap in-between us.

His lips are soft upon mine, and I don't want to pull away. His lips taste of love and friendship.

The whole time, I'm trying not to smile. My stomach erupts, and my lips tingle. I can't decide to pull away, or let it continue. If I pull away, he'll think it was awful. If I let it continue, he'll know I like him more than a best friend. I guess you can't win both.

His hands fall to my hip, and the bend of my back. I know I should end it, but, I just can't. Blake has completely escaped my mind, and all I can think about is how good of a kisser Michael really is. Before it gets out of hand, not that it would, I pull apart.

We just stare into each others eyes, lost in the moment. I never realized how breathtaking his green eyes really are.

"Uhm, hello? Guys?" Calum says as he steps in.

"Yeah, what?" I say as Michael and I look at him.

"Can-can we come in now?"

"Y-yeah." I smile as I feel my cheeks get hot.

"And you say you're just friends." I hear Ashton say to Michael as I walk to my room.

Whatever happens, I hope Blake doesn't find out.