Chapter 35

Madi

It's been two weeks since the band left. I've cried every since then. My heart feels like it's shattered into millions of pieces. I told him 'don't ever leave' but he did. He had to. It's his job.

I stroll my way to my mailbox. I open it and see a strange envelope.

I get back to the apartment, and open the envelope. I pull out two tickets; A plane ticket and a concert ticket. I smile.

When I set the envelope down on the coffee table, a piece of paper sticks out. I open it and it reads:

'Madi, we all miss you so dearly. But, none of our missings compare to Michael's. He hasn't been the same since the night we left. He's not been smiling, laughing, or talking as much. And on stage, he can't continue on. Please, take these tickets and come. It'll do us, and you, good. We love you!!

      -Cal, Luke, Ash <3'

I smile more when I read the letter. To think that these three goofs took enough time out of their day to spend more money then I'll ever see on me makes me super happy.

How can I say no?

I quickly dial Calum's number. Within a minute, he answers.

"Aye!"

"Cal, hey!" I hold up the tickets and smile again. "I got my mail. Thank you, all of you."

"It's no problem. We're all tired of seeing Michael this way. Besides, we need at least one friend in the crowd. 'Who is that?'" Calum laughs and Michael butts in.

"Mikey.." I smile, and a tear falls. I haven't talked to him at all since he's been on tour. I don't know why either. Maybe I did something wrong..Maybe he doesn't really love me..

"'Who is it?' Michael, hold on. 'Who is it? Calum, I want to know.'" Calum's right, he isn't the same.

"Cal, get everyone together. I'll face time you guys. Alright?" I suggest.

"Alright. I'll text you when its done."

"Okay. Bye, Cal."

"Bye."

I wait another three minutes until he texts me. Once I get the text, I face time them.

"Is this working?"

"Calum, your phone sucks."

"Calum, what's the point."

"Guys..guys..GUYS!" I finally get their attention

"Madi! Hi!" They all greet me with smiles and waves. All but Michael.

"Hi, guys." I smile and wave back, trying not to make it obvious I'm watching Michael on his phone. From the angle, it looks like Calum has his phone sitting up. They're all sitting on the bed very close to the phone.

"How are you?" Luke asks.

"Uhm, okay. I guess. I mean, how do you expect me to be when the four most important people in my life just pack up and leave?"

"I'm sorry, Madi."

"No, no. Don't be. Its your career. I know it'll happen. How are you guys? How's tour?" I flip my hair a time or two to keep it out of my face.

"Eh. It's tourie." Ashton says with a chuckle. "We're doing good. Well, some of us."

"I heard that. I'm sitting right here." Michael rolls his eyes and puts his phone away.

"Well, I hope tour becomes..less tourie then." I laugh a bit. "But, I hope you guys are having fun."

"Yeah, we're having fun." Michael says with an attitude. Calum, Luke, and Ashton leave. Now, it's Michael and I. Screen to screen.

"Michael, wh-"

"Madi, I don't want to talk. I'm just here because Calum told me to be." He angrily sighs and grabs the phone.

"I-I'm sorry." I struggle to get out with a tear.

"Yeah." Michael avoids the camera.

"Just, tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing. I'm completely fine. Gosh! Why does everyone ask that?!"

"Will you at least tell me why you haven't bothered talking to me the past two weeks?" He doesn't say a word. "What did I do wrong this time?"

"N-nothing. Madi, I'm sorry. I really have to go. I love you." Just like that, the conversation is over.

I really want to know what I did wrong. After I sigh and lock my phone, my screen lights up.

Ash: Hey, what happened?

'nothing. he didn't want to talk.'

'Why not?'

'I don't know. Do you think he only used me until tour started back?...'

'No! Not at all!'

'thats what it feels like.'

'Trust me, when you come to our concert he'll change. If not, you can smack me across the face again.'

'Alright.' I type as I laugh.

'Gotta go now! I love you!!'

'Have fun! love you too!'

I lock my phone again and sigh.

"I really hope he changes." I get up and go to the kitchen for some tea. I once again grab the whole jug.

I flip through the channels, and land on My Little Pony. I laugh as I picture the boys watching this. It was the last thing they watched before they left. I laughed.

"Such idiots." I laugh again, and lie on the sofa.

I wish Mikey was here beside me. I could sleep a lot better..

★★★

Hey, guys! How have you been?

I really hope you enjoy this chapter.

I wont update much (or barely any at all) next week due to school starting back. :(

Thursday, I go to open house from 5:30-7:30. Not sure if I'll post then either. I'm hoping to see my friend again! We've got a plan with her mom for me to come over and have a 5SOS party! (Yes, I said her mom. Her mom is cool like my mom.)

Anyway, I was just letting you know about next week. School ruins everything. Just two more years then I'm finished!

What do you think is wrong with Michael?

Do you think he'll be himself eventually?

I hope you like this chapter! Leave me feedback on what you think about it in the comments!

I lurv you!! ♥♥

Vote, Comment, Share, Enjoy! :)