Chapter 12

Luke is actually a pretty cool guy. Sure, all he wants to talk about is touring and his band. But, what proud person wouldn't? I know I talk about it for Michael a lot, that's because I'm proud of how far, not only him, but all of them have become.

"You're still sitting in the same spot as we left you?" Ashton says closing the door behind him. "Ah, I see. Madi is awake."

"Uhm, I have been since ten this morning, surprisingly."

"Where'd you guys go, anyway?" Luke asks sitting straight up and turning the television off.

"First, we went to find some food. Then, Michael decided we stand on the corner like they do in the states and see how many girls we can pick up. He only picked up guys, though." We all bust out laughing except for Michael, who of course had an angry face.

"I have you know, I picked up one girl, and gave her my number." He sits on the other side of Luke.

"That's because you knew her. The whole reason he only picked up guys was because-because he..he sounded gay!" Calum barely got his sentence out without laughing. "He was, he was like 'hay girl, do you want to come play?' with a lip bite and he ran his finger up his thigh to his junk!"

"Michael!" Luke says before laughing. "I'm sure no one wanted to play after that act."

"Oh, but I did get a few guys' number. You should use them, sometime." Michael says laying them in Luke's lap.

"I'm not the one who asked if they wanted to come play. You can keep these numbers, I have a few girls' number for myself. I'm sure if you ask fans for their number they'll give it to you. No need in going to the corner."

"I actually do have girls' number in my phone, thank you very much."

"Oh really? Besides your mum, who?"

"Madi, Alisha, Alyson, Malaysia. Need I go on?"

"Okay, Madi doesn't count. She's with you twenty-four seven. How many of them are ex's?"

"All of them. I am perfectly fine with the amount of girls I have in my life." Michael says before storming off to bed.

"He hasn't had sex for months and its killing him." Calum says taking his place on the sofa.

"I heard that!" Michael calls from upstairs.

"Maybe he just really misses being in a relationship. And you guys just tease and taunt him about it." I say with a slight shrug.

"No, if there's anything he misses about a relationship; its the sex." Ashton says behind me.

"Ashton, I'm sure you'd miss the sex too if you found someone and just somehow broke it off. Wouldn't you?" I get up and walk to Mikey up stairs.

I quietly approach my bedroom door as I hear Michael talk low.

"Maybe I'm just too stupid for anyone. I feel like it." He rolls over to the side.

I walk in, refusing to hear him down himself.

"Michael, stop that. Stop downing yourself like that. You're not too stupid to date. In fact, you're not stupid at all. You're you, and if you continue to be you, you'll find the perfect someone for you." I place my hand on his shoulder.

"No, Madi, I won't. I've tried for years, and it hasn't worked. Maybe Alisha was the one, but I was too stupid to realize it and let her go." He faces me and tears form in his eyes.

"Michael, how long have you thought that?"

"Two years.."

"It wasn't your fault. It was mine. I spent too much time with you, and I ruined the one thing that made you happy because I didn't want to lose our friendship. I was selfish, and I'm sorry. I wanted you all for myself, and I hated the fact you had a relationship, and I don't know why, but I wanted you all to myself. I'm sorry." I get off the bed and sit on the sofa in my room.

"Madi.." He swings his legs over the bed onto the floor and sits up.

"I'm the stupid one, Michael. I'm sorry." I cover my face with my hands and begin to cry.

I never thought I'd be the one to destroy my best friends three year relationship because I was jealous. I just wanted him..

"No, Madi, you're not." He sits beside me and rubs my back.

I look up at him and say, "How can you say that after I told you how selfish I was during your three year relationship? I'm not worthy of your friendship, Michael. I'm not worthy to have friends." I cry more as I realize I'm going back to my old self as I was in year eight through eleven; depressed.

I cry as Michael tries to comfort me.

"You should try to find Alisha and make up with her. Maybe you can pick up where you left off, this time; without me in the picture." I stand up, wipe my tears, and lock myself in the bathroom.

I look in the mirror and see what a mess I've become. My once perfectly tanned toned skin is now becoming  pale flabby skin. My small face is becoming a big face. My weight is up and down. Between work, the band and Blake..Somehow I've managed to lose myself. I need to find myself again.

"Madi, open the door," Michael says knocking.

"No." I quietly say.

"I swear to God, Madi, if you don't open this damn door, I'll fucking knock it down." A few minutes tick by with my refusal to open the door. "Don't tempt me, Maynard."

"Already have, Clifford."  I laugh and open the door and try to walk to my room.

"Madison, it is not completely all your fault the reason we broke up. I.." he grabs my elbow and turns me around to look at him, "I.."

"You what, Michael?" I ask searching his face for an answer.

"I...told her I didn't love her anymore." His face drops a hundred levels.

"Michael, why? You've told me time after time how much you loved her." I rub my thumb across his cheek and wipe away a tear that has fallen from his eye.

"Not like I thought I did. Somethings just aren't meant to be. We were one of them."

"Michael, you don't believe that."

"I do, because I've fallen for someone else." He hugs me and I wrap my arms around his neck. His tears cover Blake's T-shirt, but it can be replaced. Somehow, I just knew whenever Michael was sad. Even when he didn't show it on his face, or his actions. I just knew he was sad.

Michael is always the one to cheer everyone up when they're in need of cheer. But, no one's there for Michael when he needs cheer. When he's home, we switch roles.

I wouldn't want it any other way. Just as long as he's happy.