Chapter 2

When we arrive to Blake's place, he leaves me in the car.

Great. Was all I could think.

"Blake, what's the matter with you?" I ask approaching him inside. Luckily, his mum isn't home.

"How can you be friends with that guy? He's a total jerk!"

"Actually, he's not. Blake, why do you not like Michael? He's a sweet Guy." I sit on the sofa in his mums apartment and wait for a response.

"I just-I don't like him." He says frustrated. "I've not liked him since we dated in year seven. I've never liked him. And now he's famous and in a band, his ego is worse."

"Michael hasn't done anything to you, except meet you in year seven." I state.

"Look, this day, its not working. I need to be alone." Blake commands as he runs his fingers through his hair.

"Oh, okay." I get off the sofa, and walk out the door. Hurt.

I have nothing planned for the rest of the day, and I doubt Michael and his friends want me to tag along.

I walk around the town, and find myself at the local bar.

"Hello," The bartender approaches me as I sit on the stool.

"Hi," I smile. "Uhm, can you get me a bottle of beer, please?" I ask giving my ID.

"Coming right up." The lady hands my ID back and gives me my beer.

"Thanks." I open my bottle, and sigh. Why am I here? I shouldn't be.

I scan the room until my eyes land on familiar faces. Michael and the band.

I smile and watch as Michael hopelessly flirts with a brunette. Letting out a small laugh, I chug another sip.

I hop off my stool, and make my way to them.

"Madi, is it?" Luke says smiling wide.

"Yes, Luke, it is." I chuckle and take another small sip. "Michael is awful at hitting on girls. I've told him before."

"We all have." Luke says taking a sip of my drink. "Eventually he'll realize that. Aren't you a bit too young to be here?"

"I'm eighteen." I address. "And you are..?"

"Eighteen, as well." Luke smiles and I swear his lip ring makes it even more attractive.

"Well, how about that. How old did you think I was?" I ask, scrunching up my nose.

"Sixteen. The only thing that looks older are..."

"My areas." I say mocking what Mikey had said earlier in the day.

"Yeah," he grins.

"Man, I give up. Its no use." Michael sighs as he appears in front of us. "Madi, hey!"

"Mikey!" I hug him.

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with Blake?" He says, Blake's name rolling off his tongue like a curse word.

"Well, yeah..But, he said today wasn't working, and I left." I shrug.

"Well, let me introduce you to the mates." Michael drapes an arm around my shoulder. "This is Ashton, the drummer." He points to a brunette with an award winning smile.

"Hey." I smile and shake his hand.

"This, is Calum, the bass player." The dark haired brunette smiles, I do the same. "And, of course, you know Luke."