Chapter 50

I sigh as I slide down the wall. My hands slowly run through my hair. I guess I should apologize, huh?

"Madison." Calum quietly says while knocking on the door. "Can I come in?"

I hesitate before reaching my arm up and turning the knob. I bury my teary eyed face in my lap. I don't want him to see me like this and I don't want to make eye contact. 

Calum looks around the room before he spots me. 

"Madison," he sits beside me and gently overlaps his arms around my shoulders. "I am so sorry. I don't know what got into me. I was being a dick, a big one. I was just mad because your stupid dare got me a public nudity ticket and a gay officers phone number."

I ignore his words, hoping he'll go on. 

"I know I shouldn't have done that. It was supposed to be between you and I, I clearly messed that up."

I nod my head in agreement. 

"Do you hate me?"

I nod again.

"Do you want to shoot me?"

I lift my head up, eyes closed, and sigh. "Calum, no matter how badly I hate you, I would never, and could never, shoot you. It's just a stupid game. I just really trusted you." I finally draw my eyes to meet his. "You're like my big brother. I'm supposed to be able to trust you."

"I know, I know. You're still my little sister, i don't care how much you hate me. You'll always be my little sister. I'm sorry." Calum bends his head in disappointment. In shame.

"I love you, Cal." I drape my arms around his neck. 

"I love you, too, Madison." Cal hugs me back, and we're better again. 

"Now," I say standing up, 'we've got a game to finish."

"Uhm, I'm not sure they'd want to finish." Calum says standing up as well.

"Yes, they'll play. Now, come on." I lead him down the steps. Michael is in tears, and he looks angry. Ashton and Luke are trying their best to comfort him and calm him down.

"How could you, Madi?" Michael says meeting me. 

"To be honest, you did it first. At least I didn't get so wasted that I almost slept with him. I mean, Micheal..if we're being completely honest, you pulled the trigger here. I'm just dusting off the gun with the completion."

"I know what I did was stupid, okay? I couldn't help it."

"Actually, you could. If it weren't for those damn beers you drunk, none of this wouldv'e happened. Yes, I know, I drunk some, too, but that's not the point. I drunk a little. Not the whole twenty-four pack. Michael, I love you dearly, I truly do. I just think sometimes we're not gonna work. Especially when you're on tour and I never know if you're gonna find someone way better than me. Like, your other friends. I don't want to be at home while you're out having sex with every girl you find attractive. Because, then, you'll come home and seduce me, I not knowing what, or who, you've done on tour. I don't want that. Yes, I want you to continue to be on tour, I do. But..You've changed. I don't want to be with douche-bag Michael. I want to be with loving Michael. The one I fell hard for when we were younger. The one I know is still inside you." 

"That Michael died years ago. He died when Blake mistreated you. He died when Blake came into the picture."

"Mikey.." Mu voice draws silent, and my heart breaks. 

"Sit down, you two. We're gonna finish this game." Michael ignores me, and passes the bottle to me. 

I take my same spot, in between Ashton and Michael. I spin the bottle, very hard, and it lands on Michael.