:23

photo on da side is chase cool

-

White. White was all I could see. The flickering, flashing light, blinding me from seeing anything else. A hand. There was a hand reaching out, motioning for me to grab it. I did. It pulled me up and suddenly I was under water, clutching this hand for dear life. I could feel myself slipping, falling deeper into the big black hole. The water was stinging my nose and trickling down my throat menacingly. The hand clutched me tighter, the knuckes going white in agony. I tried screaming, but nothing came out. I yanked harder on this hand "Please don't let me go," I whispered. The white faded. I was no longer holding tightly onto a hand, and I was no longer in a hole of water. I was standing in a crowded room, each and every one of them staring at me, laughing at me, judging me. I swallowed hard. "Look at her hair," A girl laughed, "So pathetic," Another continued. I closed my eyes and sat on the floor. Don't let them get to you. Don't let them get to you. Don't let them get to you. I blocked my ears and covered my face, tears spilling out of my eyes in the process, "Fat," another yelled, "Ugly," I pushed harder on my ears, "Trash,"

And then I woke up.

I sat up, breathing heavy, light headed and very, very dehydrated. I looked at my phone and it was 5:37pm. I must have fallen asleep after Michael picked me up at work. I don't know how Michael ended up being that person, all I know is Luke was meant to and Michael showed up. I think it was one of his grand plans to try and get me to talk to Lola, but he failed. I wasn't ready to see her yet, and I especially wasn't ready to forgive anyone. I know it's stupid and I've been prone to keeping grudges too long, but this is important. They lied to me, kept a secret I would never have known about if it wasn't for Ashton's bad timing. They lied to me, and I can't just let that go.

I hopped out of my bed and walked downstairs to find Clara and Heath sitting in the kitchen with Jason and Stella. They were drinking coffee and eating TimTams from the packet while talking about things they've missed out on since they parted a while back.

"Hey honey," Jason smiled, "TimTam?" He asked. I nodded and grabbed one of the chocolatey goodnesses between my fingers, "How are you feeling?" he asked. I shrugged.

"Are we still going out to dinner?" I asked.

"Yeah love, we're going into the city. What do you say to a restaurant in Circular Key?"

"Sounds good," I smiled.

Later that night I got ready for dinner. Stella told me that it was going to be a huge, massive get together with both their families -People I've never met before. Jason's parents drove up from Canberra last night and are meeting us at the restaurant, and Stella's mother is also coming to see Clara. Jason's sisters were invited too, but they weren't exactly sure if they were coming or not because they lived on the other side of Sydney. A few close friends were also attending. I was wearing a white, sleeveless dress that went about mid thigh. It was casual but nice and worth the seventy dollars I paid for it. I bought it when I went shopping with Ashton once. He convinced me i'd use it in the future, and here we are. A year later and I'm wearing it for the first time.

It's funny how I remember that.

I knew they were going tonight. I didn't know for sure if Stella and Jason know I remember everything yet, but what I do know is that they can tell there's something big going on with me and Jordan. I think that's why she invited the boys because I think we're going to be the only young adults there, and I don't think she wants the tension in the room when they tell everyone they're getting married again.

I noticed Chase walk into the room. He was in black dress pants and a white button up top. His hair was wet yet scruffy just like it was the first time I got here. I thought about that day. I remember walking up the stairs and he explained to me that he had a problem with speaking his mind. I remember him being scrawny and pubescent and still a boy. I look at him now and he's taller than me, fit with an intense jawline and a nice, typical Sydney boy tan to fit his brown eyes. He smiled at me, "You look hot," And then I was reminded that he was the same boy I met to years ago.

"Ew Chase I'm your sister," I stated.

he shrugged, "Just thought I'd let you know," He stated. I stared at him, "What?" He asked after a moment.

"Nothing, why?" I asked curiously.

He stared at me weirdly, "You were giving me that face,"

"What face?" I argued.

"That face you do," He remarked, "You stand there and smile and stare into my soul as if your inner mother is coming out it's creepy as hell. Like the mother from Carrie," He muttered.

"Oh," I laughed, "Sorry. I was just thinking about the first time we met. You were so different back then," I mumbled.

He half smiled, "I've done well for myself haven't I?" He asked softly, as if he was generally proud of himself. I smiled and nodded. I loved Chase. He was probably the person I trusted most in this family. I mean sure, Jason and Stella came close seconds but I'd never go to them to talk about teenage things like I go to Chase for. Jordan was too much like a best friend to me so she was never really truly family. Chase was just...Chase, "Wait," He spoke up suddenly.

"What?"

"You remember the first time we met?" He asked in a panicked voice. I chuckled bitterly.

"I guess she didn't tell you then?" I stated more than asked. He looked down.

"You know don't you?" All I did was nod. He let out a long sigh and sat on the end of the bed, his hands covering his mouth as he thought about something, "I told her she shouldn't do it. I told her we needed to tell you but she was adamant about keeping them hidden," He groaned, "Grace I need to tell you something,"

"What?' I asked him lowly. He stared at me for a really, really long time with worried eyes. As if he wasn't sure if he should tell me or not. He let out another sigh and stood up, starting to pace around the room. It worried me. "Chase what is it?" I asked slightly annoyed but moreso scared.

"When..." He stopped to think, "When Jordan told me she wanted to keep them a secret, I asked her why and she gave me a reason. A reason I didn't think I'd ever hear her say. I expected her to say it was so that she was protecting you, or so that their trip wasn't going to be ruined. I guess I expected better from her but..."

"Chase," I warned.

"Her exact words were,"

The words that came out of his mouth next made me so mad I ended up storming out of my bedroom, and into hers as I started screaming abusive language at her face. How dare she. How dare she pretend for so long just so...

"Because they deserve to be my friends. Not hers,"

--------------------------------------

CHASE IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE NGL

GUYZ IM ACTUALLY LAUGHING SO HARD RN JORDAN IS SUCH A BITCH I HOPE NONE OF U LIKE HER BC I HATE HER LOL PPL DONT CHANGE. NEVER TRUST PPL WHO SAY THEY HAVE CHANGED BC THEY HAVE NOT. 

THIS IS SHORT BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS HELLA FUNNY AND I LOVE MYSELF

I SPENT THE DAY CLEANING MY HOUSE AND DOING MY ART ASSIGNMENT WHILE LISTENING TO THE 1975 AND PRETENDING I WASN'T SKIPPING SCHOOL FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON LOL THATS ILLEGAL NEVER DO THAT.

OPINIONS ON CALUMS NEW HAIR.

OPINIONS ON JORDAN? AND GRACE? ANNNNNND CHASE? WHAT ABOUT THE WEDDING AND STUFF AND IDK TEL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON SOMEONE BECAUSE I LIKE READING ABOUT YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR LIVES. 

ERRYONE GO CHECK OUT ROBBERS BC I HAVE A GOOD FEELING ABOUT IT AND ITS JUST AS BADASS AS THIS ONE SO :D :D :D :D 

GUYS IM SCARED THAT WHEN THIS BOOK ENDS NO ONE WILL READ MY OTHER STORIES AND I DONT LIKE THE THOUGHT OF THAT I LIKE BEING A BIG WRITER ON WATTPAD PLS DONT LET THE GRASHTION RACE DIE OUT EVEN WHEN THEY THEMSELVES (ONE DAY) WILL. 

LOL I SUCK

CAN SOMEONE LINK ME TO THE PHOTO SOMEONE MADE OF ASHTON AND LILY COLLINS BC I SAW IT ON TUMBLR ONCE AND SCREAMED FOR DAYS. LIKE THE ACTUAL PHOTO LINK WOULD BE NICE :)

THIS IS A RLLY LONG AUTHORS NOTE?????