:5

January 15th, 2014

Ashton's Point of View

When I saw my family for the first time after I got off that plane, all I could remember was how much I had missed them. How much I was glad to be back in Australia with the overwhelming heat and the familiar surroundings. All our families were here with open arms and welcome home gifts that consisted of mostly hugs and kisses, and as we walked past the Quantas lounge and into the baggage claim, we past a familiar bin on the way, and I couldn't help but feel sad about it. 

She wasn't here. 

After getting our bags, we made our way through the swarm of fans that had crowded around us -which was quite scary. When we left last year, it was no where near as bad as this. It just proves how much touring the world with One Direction effected our lives. Flashes were going off, screaming and crying was happening because of the kicking and shoving and I could see Michael next to me, holding Lola's hand trying to smile for photos that were getting shoved in his face, but i've been living with this band for an entire year of my life. I know when they're ready to cry, and when they're generally happy. 

This was not one of those moments. 

"That was intense" Calum muttered as we got shoved into a room by security. Luke, Lola and Mike agreed as Jackson got put down by one of the security guards, but I wasn't paying too much attention. Maybe she was here. Maybe she tried to see me, but security stopped her because they thought she was a fan because she's so short. Maybe she got the flight times wrong. We were delayed by ten minutes. That had to be it right? But what if that wasn't it. What if she actually knew we were coming home today but chose not to come. What if-

"Ash?" Luke asked. 

"Huh?"

"We were just talking about going out for drinks later. You up for it?" He asked. 

I shrugged, "Has anyone heard from Grace?" I asked, ignoring Luke. 

"Not Grace, but Jordan" Calum spoke up, "She um...She says..."

"She said what?" I asked intently. I needed to know. Was Grace still keen on us? I know I am. I'm willing to do anything to get her back. The last year, I haven't been able to get my mind off her. Her beautiful eyes, and that long, chocolate brown hair that I love running my hands through while we lie in her bed listening to All Time Low. I wanted to do that again. I wanted to go over and just hang out with her and do nothing all day other than talk and laugh and cuddle. I missed her.

Calum looked at Lola, then let out a sigh, "She doesn't want to see us, mate" He mumbled, "Apparently she's got other stuff going on in her mind," 

"Oh," I frowned, "What sort of stuff?" I asked. 

He hesitated before saying, "She's starting University this year, apparently," He explained. I could feel my face drop as the sudden realisation hit me. She didn't want me back. "But hey, she kept our promise" He grinned. It made me smile knowing that she had graduated high school. I was meant to be there, standing proudly and clapping like crazy while the othe boys hooted at her, but instead we were in LA. It made me think about how her day would have went. Did she think about us while she sat there, looking out into the croud? Did she wish we were there?

"I'm so proud of her," Lola grinned, "But I think we should respect her decision. She doesn't want to see us, so we should accept that. She must have her reasons" She stated 

"Yeah, but it would be nice to see her," Michael added. 

"Let's just leave it," I mumbled, "I've done this tracking down thing once in the past. I'm not going to do it again," I shook my head, "She hated me, remember?"