The Date

"I have a surprise."

"Huh?" I frown. "Now? But... I've just got here."

"I mean later. I'm taking you on a date." He grins. "Go freshen up, have a shower and get ready. It's 8 o'clock now. Meet me here at noon."

*****

Emma P.O.V

Cassy and I escape the madness of the lobby, and I scuttle down hallways to my hotel room.

"You ready?" Cassy drums a beat on her knees.

"Cassy, how great can the room be?" I giggle. "Just open the door."

"Ok."

Cassy slides my room key through the slot. The LED flashes green, and my sister forces the door open.

The entire room is captivating, with a stunning view of the pool outside. The end isn't even fully visible, it's that huge - it's a small ocean. All of the walls are marble white - golden furniture is on a platter.

"Look at the TV!" I gasp, laying eyes on the 80". "It's bigger than me!"

"And look," Cassy slides open two French doors that lead into the master bedroom - the bed is king-sized and bedded in white lacy sheets.

"Oh my god!" I squeal. "This is insane!"

I slide my stinking red boots off that I've worn for the past three weeks, take a run up and dive into heaven. "I've forgotten what an actual bed feels like!"

"Don't get your filthy dirt all over the covers!" My sister chuckles. "Now and take a shower, Jungle Queen! You have a date to get ready for!"

After a shower ...

"I've never seen water so black in my life!"

I skip out of the bathroom with my towel wrapped around me. As I'm about to step foot into my bedroom, I spot my sister led out, watching I'm a Celebrity on the TV screen.

"What are you watching?" I ask her.

"The part where the campmates meet the families. I haven't seen it yet - I better look fit." Cassy pats the sofa, and I take a seat. "Come watch with me."

She presses play on the remote, and it cuts to me walking through those ever familiar treetops, over the bridge to the Dingo Dollar Challenge area. "Look how grimy I look."

I watch myself walk the corner, and I begin to bawl at the sight of my gorgeous sister. "You look awesome," I smile, watching my sister take me into a hug. Some of our conversations are cut out, but they have still left in the part about Cassy and Tristan.

"Shit." Cassy curses. "I didn't know they'd leave that in!"

I laugh again. Shortly after, the clip of myself and my sister is cut, and up appears James, walking to the water collection point.

"I can't wait to see James." There's a clip of the wretched blonde girl waiting to greet my boyfriend.

"This is the bit with Kirstie." My sister shrinks. She goes to grab the remote to fast forward, but I reach out and snatch it from the arm of the couch.