Stars Of The Silver Scream

"They're in my pants!" I jump. "They're in my pants!"

And my boyfriend, in front of the two presenters and the whole nation...

"Those lucky buggers." He shouts, checking me out.

*****

Emma P.O.V

"James!" I exclaim, as his comment throws me off completely. "Can we just ask the questions now, please?"

"Ok ok, bossy," Dec chuckles. "James ... this is 'Fly School Musical'."

Oh, bloody hell.

"So here is your first question, Emma. How many High School musical films have there been?"

"It's three!" I screech. The smell of the ghastly bugs doesn't seem to get any better whilst their tiny little legs poke and crawl up my skin.

"Who plays Troy Bolton in -,"

"Zac Efron!" I shriek. "I was a massive High School Musical fan."

"We can tell," Dec sniggers. "Final question for a full 60 seconds... What is the song called that Troy and Gabriella sing-,"

"Breaking Free." I blurt out. "Is it breaking free?"

"It is!" Holly gasps. "That's a full 60 seconds for James."

One of the rangers reveals the perspex box labelled number two, and buzzing around inside are countless amounts of pesky flies. "So there is one star to get in this box."

James pokes his head in hesitantly. "You can start on the klaxon."

The klaxon roars. James uses his tongue like a magic wand, making the star spin and shoot up the metal thread like a rocket. It gets a little jammed halfway up, but with a tiny two seconds left, he grabs the second star and puts it in his pouch.

"Thats the second star for camp!"

To the expense of thousands of creepy crawlies crawling in my cracks, I manage to win 60 seconds for the third, fourth and fifth boxes - 'Claws', 'Lord of the Sting', and 'Snakespeare in Love'.

"Now we're onto the final two stars." Dec reads off of his cue cards. "This ... is Wolf of Crawl Street."

The cover on the box is removed to reveal tens of huntsman spiders, crawling around like it's their palace. Just the sight of them makes me want to eject our my voice box with screams. "So ... now some more company for you, Emma."

"Thanks," I whine, feeling the popcorn/cockroach concoction crash into my skull. I'm now up to my knees in the gross gremlin gunk, feeling the burdensome crickets climb in my shoes. "Let's just get this over with."

"What country is Margot Robbie from?"

One of the mealworms slithers inbewteen my toes, making me lose complete track of the question. "City? ... Dalby?"

"That's your final answer?"

"Yeah ... wait! City or country?"

"... Country." Holly curses. "I'm sorry Emma, you've lost twenty seconds."

Shoot.

"It's fine," James claps his hands together. "You're doing so good babe. Hang in there."

I manage to bag the next two questions - listening to Holly's voice very carefully. "So, James. You have forty seconds to get the two stars in this box. Just pop your head in."

He goes in fearless as he does at most things. "They smell awful!" He shrieks.

His tongue, once again, works fast and hard on the star. In the first ten seconds, the first star is halfway up the thread. "You have this babe!" I flick some critters out of my hair whilst keeping a firm eye on James. "You can do this."