'Love You More Than Rainbows'

After comforting James, waiting for the tears to subside, my letter is handed to him. He pulls at the lilac ribbon and takes it away, opening up the paper.

Just the sight of my sister's handwriting has me in floods.

*****

Emma P.O.V

"Awh, Em. Don't cry," John begs me with a softness to his voice. Since I gave up my care package, I'm one of the only campmates not to have had any contact with my loved ones.

"I'm ok." I wipe away a few tears. "Ok, go."

"To my gorgeous younger sister."

And the tears start again. It's like I can hear her talking.

"To have to write down all my feelings in one letter is impossible - I could never put into words how proud I am of everything you've achieved. Not only have you gotten over so many of your fears, but you've also shown everyone the beauty of a hug, a laugh and a smile. I miss you so much that I text you every night, and even though you don't reply, I know you're thinking of us."

"I see you've also got yourself a boyfriend ... CONGRATS, SIS! He really is a dreamboat, and I'm so happy you've found someone who truly loves you for you. Mum, dad and I have met all his bandmates - Connor is so god damn hot."

I let out a snigger. "That's definitely something she'd say."

"Keep being truthful to yourself you sexy jungle queen - we're only a bridge walk away. Love you more than rainbows, your sister, Cassy. Xxxx."

James slowly rolls my letter back up whilst I let out sob after sob. God, I miss my crazy big sister.

"It's a beautiful letter, Emma." Nick comes over and pats my back. "It's really lovely."

Throughout the evening, everyone seems to disperse out over the camp, taking their letters and absorbing their true meaning.

I snuggle up in my jungle raincoat on the swinging seat in the treehouse. The letter from my sister - I learn all the words, the way each word is written, and how much they mean. This letter is pushing me to keep going, to battle through, and to make my family proud.

I hear a gentle cough.

"Can I join you?"

I look up from the paper. James is stood at the entrance to the treehouse with his hands in the pockets of his trousers. Looking at him through tear-filled eyes, I realise how amazing he actually looks, even when he hasn't showered in a week.

I shuffle over and pat the seat. He approaches me, sits down, and hooks his arm around my shoulder. "How are you feeling now?"

"Still pretty emotional," I rub my eyes. "But I'm okay. How are you?"

"Good." He winks. "I'm so glad my sister likes you. She's only eighteen, but she's fierce."

I cuddle up into James' chest on this warm night, stroking his arm with very light touches. "I'm not ready to leave yet... I just want to stay now and make my family proud."

"I'm not letting you go." James kisses the top of my head. "And there's no way you're leaving. Like your sister said, the camp would be so much different without you in it."

Everyone left in camp now is a massive character - everyone means so much to me. Whoever is next to leave - they're going to leave a huge footprint.

James and I cuddle up for a while, enjoying each others company and letting all of our stress fall away. As soon as dinner is ready, we return to camp, and I snuggle up with my girls to eat our meals of buffalo sausages.