Flirting In The Creek

When James starts rubbing my shoulders again, I fall back under his touch. It doesn't even phase me when Anne and Fleur come back empty-handed, because James is just too ...

Ok, maybe he is pretty hot.

*****

Emma P.O.V

"Dinner is served!"

Anne and Fleur kicked out the dinner tonight, mainly because Fleur wanted to give it a go and Anne is the most likely person to know how to cook Wallaby.

I take the metal tray from Fleur with my dinner in. We have three meals worth of wallaby - it looks a lot like steak - with a side of papaya and dragon fruit.

I stab my fork into the meat and take a small bite. It's a little flavourless, but still miles better than the rice and beans we've been living on.

"This is amazing," James gulps between mouthfuls. "Really great. Thanks, Fleur and Anne."

James and I sit cross-legged on his camping mat. I'm cocooned up in my sleeping bag, trying to keep as warm as possible. James has done the same, however, it seems that he's really pulled off the look. His hair is messy and swept back, his face red from the heat, and he looks like a sexy calendar model.

I finish my dinner and take mine and Anne's tray's down to the creek, where I spend ten minutes washing and drying them. Once thats finished, I grab Fleur so we can empty the dunny; the best chore to have right before you go to bed.

"Unscrew the lid," I direct Fleur. She's bravely stepped up to the job (I begged her to do it), whilst I just watch from afar.

She takes the lid off of the full tank and pulls it from below the toilet. "Crikey! That stinks!" I gag, running a few steps away.

Fleur erupts into laughter and quickly replaces the tank. "Don't be a baby, Em!"

Once the dunny duties are all sorted, we clean our teeth, wash our faces and head back to the main camp. By the time we're back, Anne is sound asleep and James is filling up his water bottle from one of the water bags.

"She's asleep," James whispers. "Come on. Let's all head to bed."

I tiptoe to James' camping mat and grab my sleeping bag, and throw it back onto my own mat. I then wriggle inside, and try my darndest to get a tad bit comfy.

Suddenly, the fatigue shuts me down, and I shut my eyes, almost falling asleep.

"She's asleep already," A male voice whispers from beside my head. I know it's James' voice, but I'm too exhausted and lazy to tell him I'm not.

All I hear from James is one final sentence before I fall into a deep slumber.

"Goodnight gorgeous."

The next morning ...

"Good morning, campers!" Holly beams in an irritatingly good mood. "Dec and I are here to reveal who the public have voted for today's trial: 'Monstrous Monoliths'."

Dec continues, "So in no particular order,"

"Emma. The public has decided ... it might be you."