And The Journey Begins...

Emma P.O.V:

So this is where it all begins... my journey into the I'm A Celebrity jungle...

With assistance from the speedboat captain, I step up onto the side of a magnificent yacht. The taste of Australian saltwater coats my lips, and my feet are slightly unsteady when I stand up.

My heartbeat is unmeasurable. It's either not there, or too fast to be measured.

I can't believe I'm doing this. I've signed up to I'm A Celebrity, and I'm about to meet my campmates!

I climb up the spiral stairs to the yacht deck. The temperature is blistering, unlike the cloudy UK. Picking up the bottom of my orange sundress, I strut towards a smartly dressed male - who holds a tray of champagne vessels - and I take a glass.

"Why ... hello!" A chirpy voice sings over the melancholic sounds of crashing water. "You must be a fellow campmate of mine!"

My eyes lay on a man, maybe 6 foot tall. I'd recognise his slightly tanned skin and cheeky smirk anywhere. He looks a freaky amount like Hugh Grant.

"Oh my lord, you're John Barrowman!" I gasp, giving him a hug. "You're the first one here then?"

"Yes! Barrowman I am." He sings. "Why, you must be Emma?"

"You know who I am?"

"Of course." He chuckles, skipping on the spot. "I love Strictly! I'm a bit of a dancer myself!"

John does a few kick-ball-changes on the spot, almost spilling some of the champagne from his glass. "Haha, I don't know about you, but I think that this view is just fabulous! I love your dress!"

While chatting away to the jolly actor, another person makes their way on deck. Another slightly tanned figure; a brunette bombshell; a sexy warrior princess.

"I'm Sair, lovely to meet you!" She beams, coming up to me and pecking my cheek. She has long brunette hair, a stunning figure. She's a camp babe, for sure.

"I'm Emma," I reply. "So, are you excited?"

She shrugs, shivering a little. "Nervous. Very nervous. How about you?"

And that's the thing. I don't know if I'm nervous, or excited, or scared. I don't know if to expect the unexpected, or to expect what I've seen on TV for so many years.

I've been watching I'm A Celebrity since I was only seven. Watching Queen and Kings ascend to the all-mighty throne, it's been a dream of mine. But the cockroaches and the spiders and the snakes terrorise me.

God, what am I doing?

"... Um ... hi."

I'm snapped out of my thoughts.

I look up from my shoes to lay eyes on another man. A tall, lean and robust man, with a tuft of silky blonde hair and a pixie nose.

He smirks and holds out his hand out for me to shake. "Hi, I'm James."

I take his hand. "Hi. I'm Emma."

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before ... are you a model?"

My heart flails out of my chest. "Oh wow, I don't get that a lot. Thanks, but no. I mean it's weird but-."

"Hey," He shushes me, in a smooth kind of way. "My bad. It's lovely to meet you."

The sun beams down on his skin perfectly, and that's when I see it. His illuminated blue eyes are highlighted by his cheekbones. He has plump lips and golden locks, and his skin crumples when he smiles.