The New Queen

"Thanks," he hugs my body into his chest. "Good luck. I hope you win."

The campmates are then rushed to sit down on two benches, while Fleur and I are guided back to the side of the throne.

"And we are live in 5, 4, 3, 2 ..."

*****

Emma P.O.V

"Welcome back to I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here, where we have been joined by this year's campmates!"

All of my best friends bellow and cheer, clapping their hands and waving them about.

"Now before we get to crowning our new Jungle Queen, let's hear what our campmates had to say about Fleur and Emma - this year's final two."

I slip my hand into Fleur's and squeeze it tightly. My stomach is the cage to a billion cabbage butterflies.

A tape begins to roll on the screen. One by one, I hear Anne, Mal, Nick, Harry and Noel giving fabulous messages about Fleur - how she's kind, caring and a perfect human being.

Then the tape cuts, and Emily appears on the screen. "Emma is one of the most bubbly and inspiring people I know. I love her to bits."

Then Sair appears. "Emma. That woman is a goddess. She is a perfect role model for young women, a warrior and a saint. Truly incredible."

"Emma is spectacular." Anne appears. "She is one of the smartest young women I know. I can't wait to have a chat to her on the outside about Brexit and capital cities."

Nick is the fourth to give me a message. He's sat in his hotel room, clean of any jungle remnants. "Emma is the most magnificent, determined, courageous and charming young lady. I want my daughters to look up to someone like her as they grow up - she truly means a lot to all of us campmates."

My eyes start to tingle. "Awh, Nick."

And there's one final person to give me a message.

"Emma is perfect. She's the most beautiful, lovely and caring women I've ever met. She never steps down from a challenge, has a heart of gold, and I'm so incredibly lucky to call her my girlfriend." James coos. "I love you, Emma."

My heart melts and pools in my stomach.

"Well, that's it!" Holly smiles. "All of your votes have been counted and independently verified, and we have the results."

Fleur and I hold each other tightly. "Good luck," I whisper into her ear while my head lays on her bare shoulder.

"We've had over 11 million votes."

A drumroll echoes through the treetops.

"The winner, of I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here 2018, and the new Queen of the Jungle, is ..."

My entire body tingles - I imagine this is what it feels like to have a heart attack. My fingernails have been bitten down so far due to the anxiety leading up to this moment. I feel dizzy. I feel sick with excitement.