Life or Death

P.O.V: Iris

Those words echo through my head. Granddaughter? Who the hell does he think he is? As I hug him, I pull out the dagger that I had concealed in my dress and stab him. One single fatal blow.

"Sorry, grandfather, but I disappointed you already. So, tell me, what's the point of trying to make you proud now?" I say coldly in his ear as he falls to the ground and looks up at the ceiling, his eyes glazed over.

"Thank God!" I hear Cyrus exclaim.

My anger comes back and I march over to him and punch him so hard in the face that he falls back.

"Wha-what happened?"

I rush over to Ajax and hug him. "Sorry about that. I knew you would have tried to stop me if you knew what I was about to do."

He looks around and sees the Lord laying on the floor, my dagger in his chest where his heart should be.

"You-you killed him." He stutters.

"Yep. Killed my own grandfather. I'll explain everything later. Now, lets say we get back to the others." I sigh and help him up.

He glares at Cyrus who made no attempt to stop us as we walked out. I look down at my leg and realize that I have two bullets in my right leg and one in my left. Oh great. I stumble from the pain, but Ajax was there to support me. As my vision clears from the bright day light, the kids from the prison here, along with the entire force of the Tyrants cheer upon seeing us. Now this was a welcoming family. I look up at Ajax and he looks down at me. I wrap my arms around his neck and his arms snake around my waist.

"I love you, Ajax." I say and before he could even utter a word, I kiss him. The cheers of the crowd seemed to multiply by double and I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. Despite all the pain one has to endure, the reward is far greater than any obstacle.