Betrayal

P.O.V: Iris

The next day passes by in a blur. The entire time, me and Ajax were practicing, honing our skills and he actually improved a lot. Lazily, I get out of bed. Today is the day of the liberation. Nervousness and adrenaline were pumping through my veins. Ebony, my little Death Hound, was already up and patiently waiting for me. I pat her head and she wags her tail. I get ready and walk out. I had talked to Jordan to get to know her. Apparently, she used to be in theater arts and starred in many plays like Romeo and Juliet, and even Macbeth. That was why she was a great actress. She was from the UK as well, while I was just a small town Alabama girl. She was a fighter and every Tyrant I've talked to was completely devoted to the cause. She told me she has a sister here who she would love for me to meed after the mission. I had asked her if she thought the mission would be successful.

"I know for a fact that it will. Plus, we have you and Ajax. You two are quite the team." Jordan had told me.

I shake these thoughts from my mind as Ajax walks up to me.

"Ready?" He asks and I nod my head.

We eat a quick breakfast then walk to the makeup store Ferris had told us about. Everyone was already there.

"I'm going to do your makeup before you change." Ferris announces.

I see Cyrus putting makeup on Emmett's face, disguising his freckles that littered his face. Jordan was already finished and sat in a chair talking to Kindle. Ferris motions for me to sit in a chair and begins brushing through my hair. After he finishes with my , he starts putting mascara, lip stick, and some other makeup on my face. It takes about twenty minutes.

"Okay, now go into the bathroom in the back and change." Ferris instructs me and I do as I'm told.

I spot a dress. Oh God, I think. A dress? Seriously? It was a simple that hugs my body. I slip on the white , then walk back to the team. Everyone's eyes were on me and I feel a little self-conscious. I look for Ajax, but don't see him.

"You look very nice." A voice says from behind me.

I spin around to see Ajax in a normal black and white suit. His hair is slicked back and he didn't really look like himself, but his eyes gave him away.

"Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself, Fish boy."

Cyrus walks over to me with a small mirror. "Take a look you two." He says and I look into the mirror.

Ferris had concealed my scars and added a few freckles on my cheeks. My eyelashes were long and my lips ere colored a light prim rose pink. For the first time in my life, I actually looked pretty with makeup. I hand Ajax the tiny mirror.

"Wow. I don't look like myself at all."

"So," Ferris says, "do you like it?"

We all nod and Kindle stands up and says, "Okay, I think that's enough messing around. We need to get this show on the road."
"Right."

We all walk out of there and we head to our destined place to start walking into the city.

______________________________________________

We walk down the streets of the worn out city, people passing by without a second glance. So far, so good.

"Remember, act like you belong here." Emmett reminds us and leads us into the building we are supposed to liberate.

Emmett and Jordan walk over to a group of kids and starts talking to them, Jordan being hit on by all the boys. Then, Cyrus and Ferris walk to a guard standing near by and talk to him. Me and Ajax keep walking so we don't look suspicious. Seconds later, Cyrus walks to us, leaving Ferris to distract the guard.