Another Day in the Office

P.O.V: Ajax

I woke up in my bedroom that was all white. I quickly got dressed in my uniform and combed my blonde hair. I looked at myself in the mirror. My blue eyes and multi-colored blonde hair made me look like the poster boy for The New World. I quickly turned away from the mirror and began to walk to my father's office. I never let myself look in the mirror for more than a minute because I wasn't one who liked vanity, unlike my Lord and my father. As I walked into my father's office, he looked very frustrated.

"Father, what's wrong?" I ask him. 

He looks up from the papers scattered across his desk and his eyes turn to steel. 

"I told you never to call me that, Informant Ajax!" He yelled with rage. 

I looked down and mumbled a "Sorry, Sir." As I looked closely at the papers on his desk, I noted a few were actually photographs of a beautiful girl with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes to match. Her eyes looked like she had shadows of flames and her face was set with defiance. I immediately knew who she was. 

"Is that her?" I ask my father.

"Yes. It's her. The witch." He replies, not bothering to hide the pure hatred in his voice.

For some reason unknown to me, I couldn't stop looking at her eyes. I felt like I had a connection to her. My father looked up and his eyes turned back to steel.

"Don't you have some business to attend to, Informant?" He asked harshly.

I looked him in the eye and replied, "Yes, Sir." I turned away and walked to the surveillance room, anger rushing through me like a raging river, but I suppress it before I enter the room. I force a smile and look up at The Lord of The New World. The Lord gives me a smile, but it never reaches his eyes. He is a tall man with steel grey eyes and a balding head. I take a look at the many screens hanging on the wall in the front of the room. Movement catches my eye and I take in a sharp breath. The Lord had followed my gaze and now has a menacing, evil smile playing across his face.

"Very good, Informant Ajax. This is no ordinary threat to The New World. This girl has a gift that should make you be very careful when you confront her." The Lord says in his wise voice. He looks at me and says, "You know what to do, Ajax. Just be careful. She may look innocent, but she is far more dangerous than what meets the eye."

I look into his grey eyes and say, "I will assemble a team as soon as possible, my Lord."

He gives me one of his detached smiles and I set off to face the witch.