Violence and Romance

P.O.V: Iris

When I fell asleep, I was standing in front of my parents.

"Mom, I can't believe I only have two days before the liberation."

She smiles at me and my dad says, "Ajax is nice to let you escape, but very brave to let everyone try to escape."

"I know. He's risking his life to save hundreds of kids." I smile at her.

"I think he really is on our side." My mom says and my dad nods his agreement.

"I told you guys."

"Ajax seems to believe in you more than you believe in yourself, Iris. And I'm not just talking about the liberation." Dad says.

We are standing on a hill overlooking my old, rundown neighborhood.

"Why didn't y'all tell me about all of this before?" I ask, peering at my old high school.

"We didn't want you to come to always rely on your powers to do things. We wanted you to be able to do things for yourself." My parents put a hand on each of my shoulders. Well try to anyway.

"What do y'all think of Ajax?" I find myself saying.

"I think he his a brave young man that really cares about you. He seems to believe that together you two can fulfill the Prophecy and defeat the one who calls himself the Lord of the New World." My mother replies.

My father takes a few minutes before answering, "I agree with your mom. I also think that Ajax can and will help you in any way he can. He has already said that he would be your little spy."

My mom asks what I think of him.

"Ajax is funny, caring, great to talk to, kind, brave, and he is always there to make me feel better. He let me cry on his shoulder and we even have an empathy link." I tell them.

"Really? An empathy link?" Mom asks and I nod. "Just remember not to get too close. The Prophecy can mean many things." She glances at my father, and she nods.

I hear my father take a deep breath before saying, "Iris, you don't know the complete Prophecy."

I turn to my parents with a confused look on my face.

"Iris," My mom says gently, "The Prophecy states that two will rise but only one will rise above it all. The Lord will rise for fall. Fire and water will join together, as you already know, and earth and air will become strong. Your paths are intertwined no matter what happens. Y'all may argue and fight, but y'all need each other to defeat the Lord of the New World. Never give up hope that you will return the world back to the Old World where every one is free to express themselves."

"So, you mean to tell me the Lord still has a chance to destroy us? And what if we fight and don't talk to each other when we need each other the most? You know how my temper is. Short fuse, big explosion."

My dad smiles at me and says, "You will be there for each other because you seem to care about him too. Plus, you always com back around no matter how pissed off you are, Iris."

I nod even though I was still worried.

"We can't maintain contact any longer. Bye, sweetheart." My mom says.

I sigh and say, "Bye, Mom and Dad. I love y'all." I watched as they slowly disappear, still smiling at me.

I wake up, the Prophecy running through my head. Two will rise. One of fire and one of water. They can save or destroy the world. They will go through great pain, but if they survive, then together they can make the world thrive. They must travel through the three realms to lead an army of kids. They will defeat or join the Lord. Their paths are intertwined. Together they can't be defeated. Two will rise, but one above it all. The Lord will either rise or fall. Earth and air. Fire and Water. Opposites will clash but together they can last. The end is not certain but the four elements combined to save or destroy what was once free. These words keep circling my mind like a never ending cycle.