A Little Reflection of Life

P.O.V: Ajax

I walk out of the room a little after Iris was taken back to her cell. The Lord walks up to me.

"How did she react? Did she give you a confession yet?" He badgers.

"Iris didn't say anything of value. She just kept insulting you and me." I reply, laughing in my head.

He grabs me by the arm and gets in my face. "You need to get a confession out of her. You're the only one she trusted. She is a threat to us, Ajax, and all threats need to be terminated as soon as possible."
I nod my agreement, not trusting my tongue to say it for me.

The Lord gives me a strange look and turns on his heels and leaves. I wait until he is completely gone and walk to Iris's cell. I know I caused her to get some fresh bruises.

"You had way too much fun, you know." She greets, siting on the edge of her bed.

I sit next to her and give her a sly smile. "I wasn't the only one."

She lets a grin slip and shakes her head at me. She's grinning because we both know it's true.

"Plus, you didn't even fight back or pull away when I kissed you." I continue.

Her face goes a little red. "It's not my fault you made me weak in the knees." She retorts, trying to hide her face.

"So you wouldn't mind if I did this?" Before she could reply I pulled her face to mine and bridged the gap between us. Just as I suspected, she kissed back and had no resistance. Although she wasn't the only one effected.

"No?" I ask after breaking off the kiss.

She just rolls her eyes at me and her mind begins to wander. "I only have one more day before I say bye bye to this hell hole." There is a little longing in her voice, but I try not to let that get to me.

I scoot closer to her and take her hand in mine, and she doesn't pull her hand away. "Yeah, only one more day before you escape with the hundreds of kids here." I really want to run away from here, but know that I can't because she needs someone on the inside.

"I'll come back when the time's right, okay?" She tells me.

I smile at her and say, "I know."

"So, what do you want to talk about now?"

"Do you have any questions for me?" Just while we are being honest and open.

She is a little hesitant but then says, "What was your life before you were.....taken?"

"It was pretty average. I didn't' really have any classes that I was really good in, but I was really good at extracurricular classes like basketball, track, and I did football for two years." I tell her.

"How did you learn to play those instruments?"

I smile and say, "I am self-taught. My dad wasn't one for music and my mom was always busy at the hospital, so I had plenty of time to pass."
She looks around her small, miserable cell. "What else can you do?"

"I can hack into the databases and firewalls here." I say casually and she just looks at me.

"Seriously? You could disarm the security alarms and turn off the security cameras throughout the City of the New World and collect information about classified things like plans for future buildings and steps to get rid to the Tyrants." Iris's eyes are big with hope as she lists different things. "This could change a ton of shit."

I smile at her and say, "I know."

She smirks at me and rolls her eyes again.

"What about you, Iris?" I ask.

The Elementedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें