A Dream and A Realization

P.O.V: Ajax

In my dream, I see Iris trying to run away from a pack of half-dead dogs with long, sharp teeth. I tried to run in front of the dogs, but someone was holding me back. I look up and The Lord's steel grey eyes looked back down at me. He wore an evil smile and watched the dogs run after her.

"Such a shame that Iris will never be able to reach her full potential." He said. "Well, at least that solves that half of the Prophecy. Two will rise. One of fire and one of water. They can save or destroy the world. They will go through great pain, but if they survive, then together they can make the world thrive. They need to go through the three realms of the world to lead an army of kids. They will either defeat or join The Lord. Their paths are forever intertwined. Together, they can't be defeated." He says, as if he is reciting it for the hundredth time.

I try to wrench my arms from his grip, but his hands are like vises.

"Iris!" I yell. "Run from here! Don't come back!"

Iris looks at me and that's when the dogs finally catch up to her. I wake up with cold sweat and walk to the bathroom sink and splash water on my face. Luckily, I remembered every word and I am about to go to Iris's cell anyway. I rush to get dressed and am out the door in five minutes. I open the door of her cell and she looks up at me from where she is still laying. I walk over to her and sit on the edge of her bed.

"Iris, there is something you need to know." I say, trying to keep my voice level.

"What?" She says, phrasing it as a statement rather than a question.

"I know how we are connected." At my words, she instantly sits up and listens intently as I continue. "We are apart of a prophecy. Two will rise. One of fire and one of water. They can save or destroy the world. They will go through great pain, but if they survive, then together they can make the world thrive. They need to go through the three realms of the world to lead an army of kids. They will either defeat or join The Lord. Their paths are forever intertwined. Together, they can't be defeated." I repeat the words exactly as the Lord had said.

"So, we could destroy the world?" Her brown eyes wide with fear.

I nod gravely. "But we can also save it. This is why we're connected. You have to trust me, Okay? Now that I know this, I will do everything I can to ensure your escape."

She chews on her bottom lip as she considers my words carefully. "How....how can I trust you? Ajax, first I actually trusted you, then you sell me out, and now you expect me to trust you again?" Her anger was starting to mount.

"I told you I'm sorry, Iris. I really am. I want to get out of this place as much as you do. Without being executed. Look, I know the entire layout of this place like the back of my hand. I can help you escape. After that, you have to run out of the city and find the Tyrants. They will help you."

"What about you?" She asks hesitantly.

"I'll be fine. I can be your little spy." I say, causing her to have a ghost of a smile on her lips.

Just then, three guards walked in and dragged her out of the cell. I trail behind, trying not to make it look suspicious. Just me observing the torture she's about to endure. A test that I know all too well about.