Goodbyes

P.O.V: Iris

I wake up with a start and cold sweat sticking my brown hair to my forehead. My parents had visited again, but what they told me was anything but welcoming.

"You will be pushed to your limits and have to face your fears. You may be betrayed by someone you thought you could trust, but you must not let your temper overcome your better judgement." They had told me.

I had a knot of dread in my stomach, not just from the news of facing my fears, but of the day it was. The day I start the huge breakout. My side has healed along with my cheek. What Ajax didn't see was a bruise on my right thigh. I was able to get up and walk around with the pain from my leg, but I haven't tried running. I pull my hair into a tight ponytail and begin to walk around.

I was able to release some adrenaline to help numb the pain and I began to run around my cell. It wasn't big enough to run around much, but it wasn't too small to where I couldn't get in a good exercise. It actually felt great to stretch my muscles because it seemed life forever since I used them. I hated that I've just been laying in my bed, not able to do anything really. It made me feel useless and I was never fond of feeling like that. I ran faster and faster, everything morphing into one big grey blur. I can do this. This place has tortured me for the last time. I will burn it to ashes like the way my parents were now nothing but ashes and spirits in the spirit world.

As my anger and hatred of this place grew, so did my speed. Before I knew it, I was running on the walls! At first I have no clue how I was doing this, but then thought logically about it. A new Element. I must have the ability to collect my kinetic energy and turn it against earth's gravitational pull, allowing me to defy its gravity. I was running faster than ever before. The rush of cool hair hitting my face was exhilarating. I slowed down and finally returned to running on solid ground. When I finally come to a complete stop, I was panting.

Yet another trick up my sleeve, I think. I can not only turn into a human fireball, make earthquakes, and summon my dagger, but I can also bend the gravitational pull of the Earth. I figured out how to cause a miniature earthquake when I was bored. Previously, I had put some of my magic into my dagger and now I can summon it with just a single thought. I now have it in my hand and wield it expertly. Then in a flash, it has flames licking my hand and I throw it at the concrete wall. The flaming dagger turns into a blur of orange flames as it buries itself into the wall hilt deep. I've been practicing my ability to throw it with a lot of force and now the wall has a few cracks from my training with the dagger. The flames from the blade never hurt my hand when I touched them. That made me think that I'm either immune to fire or it was just my magic doing that. After I get bored of that, I decide to take a break and flip through my spell book.

Everyone comes. Everyone goes. Where I am, no one knows.

I memorize the spell, knowing it might come in handy soon. Then I spot a transformation spell. I laugh at the words because they made no sense at all. Plus they didn't even rhyme like the ones that I've read before.

You run around chasing mice. With fur of black and small beady eyes.

The words seemed awkwardly put together. Eventually I get bored again and resolve to drawing, my adrenaline spent. I find myself drawing my old house. It's rustic exterior looked out of place against the busy streets. Its red roof the color of a ruby and the door a cream white with scarlet framing. There was a huge oak tree with moss green leaves and a small bird house with a turquoise roof and a small bird painted on the side of it. The antique brown porch seemed like it looked even older when all the details were finished. There were iris flowers along with lilacs planted in the front of the house. I remember climbing a different tree.