Weird Feelings

P.O.V: Ajax

Before Iris could fall to the concrete, I caught her and picked her up. As I looked around, my officers were slowly getting up, their uniforms scorched from her flames.

"Come on. The Lord is going to be very pleased with us." I said to them.

I looked down at the girl I'm carrying in my arms and the connection I felt seemed to grow stronger. The others were already walking back to the compound. As I walked, I felt her move and I looked down at her. Iris had moved her head against my chest. Iris was special, not just because of the power she possesses, but her determination and defiance to fight until she couldn't fight anymore. Iris seemed very surprised that she could become a fireball and it made me wonder if she even knew she had a powerful gift that could help or destroy The New World. For some reason, deep down I knew I was rooting for her. I used to be like Iris before I was tortured into helping The Lord.

I still remember how my mother tried to protect me, but they killed her right in front of me. I remember how they starved me of food, water, and sunlight until I finally agreed to help the NW. White-hot tears were streaming down my face. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, then felt a hand wiping my tears from my face.

I opened my eyes and saw Iris looking up at me. Her eyes were barely open, but she was looking at me with empathy. She blinked her eyes a few times and opened them, revealing her beautiful brown eyes that are as dark as her hair. I looked up and the NW officers were talking amongst themselves, not looking back at all. I looked into her brown eyes and realized she knows what I'm thinking about. Her hand was still pressed against my face and I felt a wave of energy from her hand. Iris gave me a small smile and fell back into unconsciousness. The wave of energy from her hand had make the connection even stronger. Iris and I are connected in some way, but I don't know how.