Chapter 38: Suspicions or Surprises

Start from the beginning

"What did she say?"

"She said that maybe we shouldn't start it back up, then told me about starting fresh and wanting to clear everything up when I come back from the trip. I want this, and I want her. It's just not the right time."

"Does Megan still love you?"

"I don't know... probably. It just sucks since I had this one dream that I slept with Megan, then when I woke up, it was only Kassidy next to me. Then that morning I ran into Megan at the coffee shop, went back to her place because she wanted to talk privately. Then she told me she was moving and asked me to come. I answered 'yes' as a best friend because it's hard to say goodbye to someone moving all the way to Arizona."

She nodded, "I understand, it's like you and Kassidy when Kale and I moved to New York. Mom and dad got lucky because they drove with us. You want to be there for her, but by doing that, it feels like you're hurting Kassidy."

"I know." I groaned, "What do I do?"

She sighed, "I'd just say stop thinking of Kassidy right now, I feel you two will work things out, go and have fun with Megan before your goodbye."

"Thanks, Wendy." I smiled.

"We're going to go visit Kassidy sometime anyway, and I know she's probably going to say something about it. We'll talk it out." Wendy said.

I nodded, "I just feel like I'm digging myself deeper into a hole and I can't get myself out. Like every decision I make either upsets one or the other."

"Does Megan know anything?"

I shook my head, "No, Kassidy clearly knows everything. The only thing Megan knows is that I have a closer relationship with you, Professor Rivers and Professor Bryant, because of your wedding with my brother."

She nodded, "Please be careful though. I'm really worried about you and Kass. Please try not to make this as dramatic as it already is."

"Trying," I chuckled, there was a knock on my door, "Come in.

"Hey, are you guys okay? Am I disrupting anything?" Kale asked.

"No, honey. We were just catching up." Wendy said as she nudged me.

"Okay, well, mom and I just finished making cookies if you two want to come out and help decorate them." He smiled.

"Yes we would," Wendy and I said at the same time, laughed, then walked out to the kitchen.

She gave me a hug, and we spent the rest of the time as a whole family.

~~~<>~~~<>~~~<>~~~

The next day arrived as Kale and Wendy spent the night at my parents' house. I ended up staying the night there as well. Waking up I turned to remember that I'm currently not at my apartment. Getting out of bed I looked around the empty room. Walking out and to the restroom, I brushed my teeth before heading to the kitchen where the rest of the family is.

"Good morning, sweetie," Dad said as I smiled and greeted the others.

"Hey, Leen?" I looked over, and it was Kale who was sitting at the kitchen table, "Want to go around town shopping? Before the holidays."

"Sure," I smiled.

"Well, I have work, mom is off, she can come along," Dad said.

I smiled, "Well, I might head to visit Kassidy." Wendy said.

"Baby, you're not coming?"

"I would love to, but I feel like you three need some time together."