13 Unlucky Days Until Christmas Chapter 11: Day 10: Hurting Hero

Kirishima woke up on December 22, still feeling horrible about the events that transpired the other say. He had said horrible things to Izuku when he had amnesia and had not gotten the chance to explain himself at all. Kirishima sighed as he got out of bed, "Man. Guess I'll try to explain everything later today. Hopefully he'll talk to me. I mean, he isn't the type to hold grudges. That's more of Bakugo's thing." Kirishima put on his uniform, grabbed his backpack and left for school. On his way over, he tried looking for Izuku, but there was no sign of him. Eventually, Kirishima said, "Ah, he must already be in class." Kirishima walked to the classroom as quickly as possible. 

Kirishima is just barely entering the hallway to the class when he first spots Izuku. Kirishima called out, "Midoriya. Hey!" Izuku turns to look at him and then runs straight into the classroom. Kirishima is left feeling heartbroken from his crush running away from him. He sighs and enters the classroom after Izuku. Ashido and Kaminari come to him. Kaminari asked, "Hey, Kirishima. What happened yesterday?" Ashido nodded, "Yeah. You had amnesia, but then you started sending messages to Midoriya through the group chat and ignored every other text message we sent." Kirishima said, "I wanted to apologize to Midoriya for saying some pretty mean things to him yesterday due to my amnesia. I just... needed to apologize for everything." Ashido said, "Oh, I understand. But don't worry." Kaminari nodded, "Yeah. Midoriya is one of the nicest people in the class. There's no way he can be angry at you for long." Ashido said, "And, you're super nice. Besides, Midoriya knows that you had amnesia yesterday and that you couldn't have meant what you said." Kirishima gave his friends a small smile, "Yeah. I'm sure things will get better." He went to take his seat as class began.

As the day went on, Kirishima made several attempts to explain what he said the other day to Izuku, but he was shot down every time. Izuku was avoiding him as best he could and the times that he couldn't fully avoid Kirishima, his friends intervened and hid Izuku away or talked to him so much that no one else could enter the conversation. It seems that Izuku told his friends about what happened. That meant that they probably hated Kirishima now and wouldn't allow him within three feet of Izuku. Kirishima sighed as he felt his chances with Izuku slip away even further than before.

Kirishima was watching Izuku as he changed into his own hero costume. The two boys had still not gotten the chance to properly talk to one another, so the situation was still tense. After changing, Kirishima joined the rest of his classmates for hero training. All Might and Aizawa were there to talk about the lesson. Aizawa said, "All right, listen up. Today you'll be doing one-on-one combat training, meaning that you'll be paired up and face each other in one of the arenas. All Might will be overseeing one group and I, another." Aizawa then listed off the pairs that were going against each other. Kirishima frowned when Aizawa said that he was going against Izuku in the match. What made matters worse was that he was sent to be watched by All Might, who had a connection to Izuku, which meant that he probably would be glared at the entire time. Kirishima sighed as he entered the small arena for the combat scenario. Kirishima looked at Izuku, wanting to explain everything when Izuku just suddenly launched an attack at Kirishima. He only barely managed to dodge it because Izuku had to lessen his attack's power and speed to avoid falling out of the arena. Kirishima hardened himself for safety, "Midoriya, listen. I really need to talk to you about something. I know that now is not exactly the ideal time, but you've been avoiding me all day. Please." His words fell on deaf ears as Izuku continued his assault. Once he was in close, Izuku began to attack Kirishima more and more, landing several hits. Kirishima only barely managed to survive each hit with his hardening. Izuku then moved back to make a final attack using his air pressure attack, but as he was making distance to launch it, Kirishima saw an opening and attacked Izuku. Kirishima hardened his fist and punched Izuku in the gut with all his might. This resulted in Izuku being thrown out of the arena. Izuku crashed into the floor, earning the attention of the other group. As he tried to stand, Izuku threw up blood and vomit. There were gasps from across the room as Kirishima stared in horror at what he did. He fell to his knees as Uraraka and Ida went to take Izuku to Recovery Girl to make sure he wasn't in danger. 

After a short examination and a quick healing from Recovery Girl, Izuku was allowed to go to his own room. She was actually a bit pleased that he wasn't coming to see her because he had lost control of his quirk. Izuku sighed at the long session. He was walking to his dorm room, but stopped when he saw who was waiting in front of it. It was Kirishima! Izuku had been avoiding him all day because of what he said yesterday, even though Izuku knew that he had had amnesia that day and wasn't himself when he said all those mean things to him, but he still, he couldn't just forget everything he said yesterday. It reminded him too much of his middle school days. Izuku inhaled and exhaled, knowing that he would have to confront Kirishima sooner or later. Izuku walked up to Kirishima, who noticed him and said, "Midoriya. I need to talk to you." With that, Kirishima explained everything that happened yesterday, emphasizing that he had amnesia when he said all those mean things to Izuku. When he was done, he asked, "Are you still angry with me?" Izuku said, "No. I was just upset about what you said because it brought up some painful memories that I'd rather forget all about. So, no. You have nothing to worry about." Kirishima smiled and quickly hugged Izuku, "Thank you Midoriya. You're the best. Well, I better get to bed before curfew. Good night." Izuku waved back, "Good night Kirishima." With that, the two boys went to bed with peace of mind.

Credit for this idea goes to yasir9202.