Pain Without Itachi

Chie's POV

I woke up the next day seeing Itachi... not there. I lowered my head and remembered him leaving last night. "I'll be back I promise, you know I love you". I cried looking at my pillow and just laid in bed. I wanted Itachi beside me so badly. "Chie" said a voice, as I looked seeing Shisui looking at me. "Come on Chie you have to get out of bed sometime" said Shisui, as I looked at the ceiling. "No I don't" I said, as Shisui sighed walking over to me and carried me over his shoulder. "NO I DON'T WANNA" I shouted punching the back on his shoulder. Shisui sighed, as I continued to punch him. He carried me to the dining room and I growled. "I know your upset Chie-Chan" said Mikoto, as I lowered my head. "I know why not move your things into the back building. I know Itachi wanted the three of you to go there" said Fugaku, as I lowered my head. "No, the first thing she is going to do is get a publisher" said Shisui, as I growled while glaring at him. "Don't growl at me you have to do something to get your mind clear of Itachi even for a little bit" he said, as I sighed and closed my eyes. "Leave me alone" I said getting up and walked back to Itachi's room. I laid on the bed and looked at my promise ring. I then paused as the phone rang. I picked it. "Hello Uchiha Residence" I said, as I paused hearing a familiar chuckle. "You sound depressed" said the voice, as I smiled sadly. "Of course I am I'm not with you" I said, as Itachi chuckled again. "I love you" he said, as I smiled. "I love you too" I said "I'll be home before you know it I promise" he said, as my eyes started tearing up. "I know" I said sadly. "Chie" said Itachi, as tears crawled down my face. "I miss you so much" I said "I know" he said, as I paused as there was a knock at the door. I looked seeing Shisui. "I have to go. Shisui wants me to get a publisher" I said "Alright, be strong" he said, as I smiled. "I will, bye" I said "bye" he said, as I hung up the phone. I looked at Shisui, he walked towards me and hugged me. "He will be back Chie" he said, as I nodded hugging Shisui, but deep down my heart was hurting knowing it wasn't the same as Itachi's hug.

We walked out and started walking towards a large building. We got into an elevator and I sighed looking at the ground. "Hey be happy your going to an interview remember" he said, as I paused but nodded. We walked out on the fifteenth floor. "Ah Miss Ringaku" said a voice, as I saw a man wearing a vest and a cigarette out of his mouth. "I am Asuma Sarutobi, please have a seat Mr. Hatake will interview you shortly" he said walking away, as my eyes widened and Shisui and I looked at each other. "HATAKE" we said, as we paused seeing Kakashi walking out of a room. He paused and looked at us. "Well Chie-Chan I didn't know you drew manga" he said, as I paused and slowly nodded my head. "Please have a seat" he said, as Shisui and I sat down in front of him at a desk. "So can I see some samples?" he asked, as I looked at Shisui and he brought out an envelope handing it to Kakashi. Kakashi took the envelope and started looking through them. "Very impressive" he said, as I nodded. "Alright we can start you off on the beginner manga magazine and see if people are interested in it. If they are will give you a call, if not I'll still call you to tell you if anything needs to be changed or anything like that" he said, as I looked at him. "I have a few conditions" I said, as Kakashi looked at me kind of shocked. "Alright" he said "I am not going to be doing any manga on vacation time, Shisui is to be my assistant and I will not... repeat will not work with anyone" I said, as Kakashi paused and narrowed his eyes a bit. "You sure are a lot darker when Itachi isn't around aren't you?" he asked, as I got up closing my eyes and I walked out with Shisui following me into the elevator. When the doors closed Shisui looked seeing tears crawling down my face. "Your doing the right thing Chie" said Shisui, as I hugged him and he patted my back.

When coming back to the estate Shisui and I started packing our things to the back building. I then paused looking at Shisui looking at a picture. "Shisui?" I questioned, as he looked at me. "I always knew he loved you... ever since the picnic" he said, as I paused. "Picnic?" I questioned, as Shisui paused. "Alright I guess we could take a quick break" he said, as I sat on a chair and Shisui sat next to me. "It all started when Mikoto wanted Sasuke and Lyle to get along, she came up with this idea to have a picnic...

"Eh, I don't wanna" whined Sasuke, as Mikoto sighed. "Itachi please talk to Sasuke" said Mikoto, as Itachi walked up to a five year old Sasuke. "Come on Sasuke, Shisui and Chie will be there too" said Itachi, as Sasuke growled crossing his arms. "No way, girls have coodies and Shisui is a dummy head" said Sasuke, as Itachi sighed. "Come on" said Itachi, as the six of us went to the park. Mikoto laid down a picnic blanket and I smiled hugging Lyle. Lyle groaned and looked back at me. "Do I have to?" he asked, as I sighed. "Yes Sasuke is Itachi's brother and it would mean a lot if you were friends" I said, a she walked over to Sasuke. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Lyle and Lyle just stood there. "Awe is this romance?" asked Shisui, as Sasuke and Lyle growled at him. "Potato salad?" asked Lyle picking up a handful of it in his hand. Sasuke smirked picking up a handful himself. "Potato salad" he said, as they smirked throwing it at Shisui in the face. "Bull's eye" they said high fiving. I smiled walking away a bit and sat on a stump looking at everyone having fun. "Chie-Chan?" said a voice, as I looked seeing Itachi. "Hi Chi-Chi" I said, as he walked over more. "What's wrong?" he asked sitting next to me. "My mom told me my dad is never coming back Chi-Chi, he doesn't love me" I said hugging my legs. Itachi paused as Mikoto shouted "Come on lunch is ready". I ran over and Itachi watched and narrowed his eyes. "Whatcha thinking?" asked Shisui walking up from behind. "I know this might sound weird Shisui, but I'm going to marry Chie-Chan one day, she needs someone to love her and no one understands her better but me" he said, as Shisui blinked a few times. "You don't think I could love her?" asked Shisui, as Itachi narrowed his eyes. "If I have to, I will fight you for her" he said walking towards everyone and Shisui smiled.

I paused and I fell to my knees. "Chie-Chan" said Shisui, as I looked at him crying. "I miss him so much" I said, as Shisui smirked and hugged me. "I know Chie, I know... but he promised he would come back, and if he doesn't I will fly there myself and kick his ass and drag him back" he said, as I smiled and wiped my tears. "Thanks Shisui" I said, as Shisui smirked. "Alright let's finish packing" he said, as I nodded.

To Be Continued...