A Mistake

We made our way to my apartment, I took out my books as Itachi locked the door behind him. I placed my books in the living room on the table and Itachi sat on the couch looking at me. "Alright all done" I said looking at him. "You sure?" he asked, as I gave him my homework and he looked through it. "You missed one" he said, as my eyes widened. "What? No I didn't, where?" I asked looking in my notebook. "Here" whispered Itachi tilting my chin and kissed my lips. My eyes widened and I kissed him back. Itachi placed my notebook on the table, and he pulled me close. I laid back on the couch only to have Itachi hover over me not breaking our kiss. I blushed feeling Itachi moving my right leg so it was wrapping around his waist. Itachi moved both my hands up and pinned them above my head with his left hand. I squirmed a bit feeling his right hand move under my shirt. I then shook my head and Itachi stopped kissing me. "Please don't" I said, as he turned his head letting me go. "Sorry" he said, as I lowered my eyes and looked at him leaning his head back looking at my ceiling. "Would you... sleepover?" I asked, as Itachi looked at me. I sat close to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. "You never slept over at my place yet" I said, as Itachi sighed closing his eyes. "I can't, I have studying to do" he said, as I looked at him sadly. "Oh" I said turning my head away. "It's not that I don't want to" he said, as I smiled sadly. "I know, your busy I get it" I said, as he growled and pulled me into his lap. "Itachi" I said, as I blushed seeing him kissing my neck. "Next time, I promise" he whispered, as I nodded. I paused seeing Itachi moving me to the side and standing up. "I better go" he said. I followed him to the door and he cupped my face. "See you at school tomorrow" he said, as I nodded. He kissed my lips and I smiled kissing him back. "Go to sleep right away too, don't stay up late like last time" he said, as I watched him walk down the hall. "So you had a good day" said Shisui popping up in front of my doorway, as I jumped and punched his head. "Don't do that" I said, as he smirked. "I have a favor to ask" said Shisui. "I need to stay the night" he said, as I sighed, but nodded letting him inside.

The next day Itachi walked over to my apartment and opened the door with his spare key. Usually Itachi knocks, but some days he will walk in with the spare key I gave him and Shisui. He closed the door behind him and looked at the lump covered with a blanket. "I thought I told you not to stay up late" said Itachi, as his eyes twitched seeing Shisui smirking. "But I wanted to wait up for you darling" said Shisui, as Itachi punched his head. "You idiot, I ought to kill you" said Itachi, as I walked out of my room in my uniform and looked at Itachi growling and Shisui smirking while closing his eyes. "Everything okay?" I asked, as Itachi closed his eyes and turned his head. "Itachi made an embarrassing scene" said Shisui, as Itachi growled. I smiled a bit and walked over to Itachi. "I made you and Shisui lunch today" I said, as they stopped and looked at me shocked. "What you put poison in it or something?" asked Shisui, as Itachi punched his head again. "No Shisui, I wanted to do something for Itachi for yesterday and I wanted to thank you for keeping an eye on us yesterday" I said, as Itachi and Shisui looked at me shocked. "You mean you knew" said Shisui "About you, Sasuke, and Ayame following us, yes... since the cafe" I said, as Itachi narrowed his eyes. "You followed us ever since the cafe" said Itachi, as Shisui smirked while closing his eyes. "Come on, we're going to be late" I said, as we walked out and I locked the door behind us. We made our way to school and I smiled waving good-bye as we separated for classes. At lunch, I sighed seeing a lot of people in couples for some reason. I then smiled seeing Ayame sit in front of me. "I hate Shisui so damn much" she said, as I smirked. "Try being around him for nineteen years" I said eating, as Ayame held my hands and started crying a bit. "I am so sorry for you" she said, as I smiled nervously. "I'm not that bad" said Shisui, as Ayame glared at him and I smiled. "Itachi studying?" I asked, as Shisui sat down. "Your guess is as good as mine. Damn these days it's like Fugaku is driving a knife through his heart" said Shisui, as I lowered my head. "Fugaku?" questioned Ayame "Itachi and Sasuke's dad" I said, as Ayame nodded. "Eh, I forgot my lunch" whined Ayame looking in her bag. "Here" I said handing her my lunch and she smiled. "Thank you" she said taking a bit out of the sandwich I made. Her eyes widened and then they started to cry for a different reason. "This is the best sandwich I have ever tasted" she said, as I smiled nervously. "Ah-hem" said a voice, as we paused seeing Deidara. "Ayame" said Deidara, as she blinked a few times looking at him. "Will you go out with me?" he asked blushing bright red and she blushed seeing everyone looking at her. She lowered her head and slightly nodded. He smirked and sat next to her. "By the way Chie, Go to the Akatsuki room and give this to the president for me" he said, as mine and Shisui's eyes widened. "How do you have connections with the Akatsuki?" asked Shisui, as Deidara smirked putting his arm around Ayame's neck. "Wouldn't you like to know" he said giving me the note and I looked down at it. I looked at Shisui and he looked at me. "I'll go with you" said Ayame, as she blushed bright red when Deidara tilted her chin towards him. "I want you to stay with me" he said, as Ayame had steam come out of her ears and slowly nodded her head again. I got up and I looked at Shisui. "You want me to go with you don't you?" he asked "Well since Itachi can't go with me" I said, as Deidara smirked. "I told him to meet you there" he said, as I looked at him. "So go" he said, as I gulped a bit and nodded my head slowly making my way to the Akatsuki's room. I stood there debating or not to open the door. "Oi Deidara it's about fucking... time" said Hidan opening the door. My eyes widened and I looked inside seeing, Pein, Konan, Sasori, Zetsu, Tobi, Kakuzu, Kisame and my eyes widened more seeing Itachi. "Chie" said Hidan, as everyone stopped and looked at me. "I uh, I was told to give this to the president" I said, as Pein growled getting up and he walked over to me. I jumped a bit as he took the note and he narrowed his eyes at me. "Not one word to anyone got it?" he said, as I slowly nodded my head. He slammed the door in my face and I blinked a few times. What the hell just happened?

After school I was just sitting at my desk looking at my notes. Why didn't he tell me? Was that where he was going every day instead of so called "studying"? "Chie" said Shisui, as I slowly looked at him. "You okay? We've been looking for you for hours" said Shisui "We?" I questioned, as Shisui smirked moving out of the way and I paused seeing Itachi looking at me. I turned my head and Shisui looked at me shocked. He looked at Itachi and saw him walking away. "Oi Itachi" said Shisui, as I closed my eyes. "Chie wha-" he was about to say, but I stood up and grabbed my notes. "You were right Shisui" I said, as he looked at me blinking a few times. "I'm nothing but a burden to him" I said walking out of the classroom. I made my way to my apartment and looked at the clock. I had to go to work soon... damn it. I got up and made my way to the pet store and sat at the cashier. "What's with you?" said a voice, as I looked seeing my sempai, Kakashi, holding a bunch of boxes. "Guys suck" I said, as he sighed. "Itachi? Or Shisui?" he asked, as I growled. "Guys in general" I said glaring at the cash registrar. Kakashi sighed putting down the boxes and walked over to me. "Alright talk" he said, as I growled. "You know the Akatsuki at the school" I said, as he put his hands in his pockets. "Doesn't everyone?" he asked, as I growled more. "Well I found out who's in it" I said, as his eyes widened. "Oh?" he questioned. "Itachi is one of them" I said, as Kakashi stopped and looked at me glaring at a wall. "And your mad because he didn't tell you in the first place, when everyone knows that the Akatsuki are forbidden to reveal themselves because of popularity issues" said Kakashi, as I lowered my head. "See this is why guys suck they make the stupidest things make sense to me and now I feel like I have to apologize" I said crossing my arms. "Maybe Itachi also felt that you would treat him like everyone else does when they know he is a part of the Akatsuki" said Kakashi. "What do you mean?" I asked, as he walked towards the boxes and started stocking the shelves. "Well, people in the Akatsuki keep bugging him right?" asked Kakashi, as I remembered our date. "He might feel like your going to force him to go to the meetings and other stuff if he told you he was in it" said Kakashi. "You think?" I asked, as he smirked at me. "Trust me Chie, Itachi has his reasons for not telling you certain things" he said, as I nodded. I heard the bell ring for someone walking into the store and I saw Shisui pushing Itachi. "Alright talk to her" said Shisui, as Itachi turned his head. "Itachi, you did something that upset her now talk" said Shisui, as Itachi narrowed his eyes. "Actually, I would like to talk to alone Itachi" I said, as Shisui smirked and Itachi closed his eyes. I grabbed Itachi's hand and looked at Kakashi "Uh Sempai" I said, as he smirked. "Don't worry I got it covered" he said, as I smiled and walked to the back with Itachi. He sighed turning his head and putting his hands in his pockets. "I'm sorry" I said, as Itachi's eyes widened and he looked at me shocked. I lowered my head thinking about what Kakashi was telling me. "I'm sure you had a really good reason why you didn't tell me about the Akatsuki" I said, as he kept quiet narrowing his eyes. "So I'm sorry if I made you feel bad" I said, as Itachi closed his eyes and turned his head a bit. "I'm assuming you talked to Kakashi about this" he said. "Well... I... uh-huh" I said lowering my head. "Even though Pein told you to keep your mouth shut" he said, as I growled a bit closing my eyes. Itachi sighed and started walking away. "I'll see you when your off work" he said, as I nodded watching him walk away.

To Be Continued...